Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roy had such a good time

He laughed, he cried, he kept saying "oh you" and just enjoyed himself terrifically at his first ever birthday party. He was so tired that he didn't open gifts or cards until Sunday morning and that was more and more laughter. I did get pictures of him opening cards and packages, he was so awed that so many of you sent him cards. (Have I told you how terrific all of you are?)

Thank you for helping me to give him a great memory! Hugs and kisses!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think his smile says it all! I love the cake too! :wink:

So glad he had a great time! His smile is worth a thousand words!

Looks like everyone had a great time. Roy's smile is the best.

Just look at that smile on the Birthday Boy!
    I'm glad he had a wonderful time.

The smile on his face brought tears to my eyes. I am so glad he enjoyed himself, even if he did get tired!! Loved the cake. You are one wonderful woman Sharon.

Quote Originally Posted by Loretta
    So glad Roy had a special day! He looked so happy! Did he know all of the people from the QB who sent cards? Or did you have to "explain" everyone. LOL! Best wishes to him!!!!
    He's heard me talk about y'all so much, he knew who you were. He kept shaking his head and saying "for me?" He wouldn't let me open the candy either, I have to wait till he's ready. He takes it right out of my hands when I pick it up. :lol: :lol:

I was heartbroken that I couldn't put up all the pictures I printed for him. I went back to his mama holding him as a baby and printed pictures of him all through his life, had them mounted and was going to hang them in the trees so that folks could walk along and review his life with him (even printed pictures of first wife and his son with him)

I don't feel special, I just wanted him to have some great memories before the end comes. He's happy and it's the best I could give him now.

Blog Entries
    Oh mimisharon, you are a very special woman ! I am sorry I didn't send a card for Roy. I would have loved to be a part of his special day. His smile is priceless :lol: Thank You for sharing it with us.
    Sharon

DITTO what Sharon B said!!!!

Kyia

That smile is what it's all about! What a terrific thing to do for him--he looks so happy!

Blog Entries
    What wonderful pictures! I'm so glad that he had so much fun! I hope he realized how much he is loved!

Blog Entries
    Ditto again from SharonB...but it does look like he had a wonderful time...you are his hero you know :D

What a wonderful celebration! You did such a great job Sharon. I'm sure Roy and everyone else had a great time. Nothing like a fun party to bring out the smiles and make everyone remember that all is good.

I agree with all the wonderful stuff said here, mimisharon.
    Such wonderful pictures and memories made, gives me happy tears. thanks for sharing yours and Roy's day with us. :D

He looks so happy. What a wonderful day. Thanks for sharing with us.

Well happy belated Bday....didn't know a thing about it .....glad it was special and what a lovely cake....I can see all the things you've enjoyed .....:-).....Bless you both

Wow! What a smile the birthday boy has!!! Congrats Sharon, on the great party/birthday weekend you made for him :D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Oh Sharon, I've got tears running down my face - happy tears, to see the pic of Roy's smiling face. And I LOVE what you did with pics of his life story, what a great idea! You are one special lady!

Hugs for you both.

K x

Yeah you have me bawling first thing in the morning too. I am so happy he had a good time.

Banned
    Somehow I missed the card sending part. I'm sorry hun. What a sweet happy smile. Ok maybe with me not feeling well the brain isn't working right, but you mention the end...... Is your hubby sick? I'm thinking he was :oops: :?:

Been thinking of you and Roy and praying the party would be a great memory. The smile on his face says it all....PRICELESS!!!! The cake is to cute. Sharon, you just shine in my book :wink: You are truly a remarkable Lady. Thanks for sharing the pics. Glad all our cards made him happy :-)

What a sweet memory you made for everyone! He looks so happy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    Somehow I missed the card sending part. I'm sorry hun. What a sweet happy smile. Ok maybe with me not feeling well the brain isn't working right, but you mention the end...... Is your hubby sick? I'm thinking he was :oops: :?:
    Bev,
    Roy had a massive stroke on Dec. 19, 2007. He was in hospital 9 1/2 weeks and when I brought him home they told me I'd 'likely' only have him about 3 months....he's still with me. He's paralysed on the right side, has very little speech, but he's still with me and still perking along. He has blood flow the size of my little finger tip in ONE area of his neck. That's it, everything else is blocked.

Yesterday they removed him from Hospice and have him back on Home Health. He's considered "chronic" now by medicare. He's come close to leaving this earth several times but has fought back his way to us.

We talked about the cards and things for him during Mare Stare at the end of March or beginning of April. I never thought to post a request for them. sorry

I am glad you posted that last bit Sharon. I am newish to the board and didn't know the background. Positive energy to you both! :lol:

It's not only your dear Roy that you've given lots of smiles too. Thank you for posting the pics. Love his smile, it's so warm and welcoming.

I've not been on much lately, so didn't know about this ahead of time to send a card off. Please give him a (belated) birthday hug for me! You are a very special couple, it is so obvious how much you care about each other.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast