is this a scam

Old 03-24-2011, 05:19 AM

Those have been in my spam lately,UPS & Fedex. I just delete all. I figure they are a scam. :roll:
Old 03-24-2011, 05:35 AM

Sad that some people have nothing better to do than send those. But it was on our news one day that they are indeed a spam and can really put a hurtin on your computer. Delete anything you don't know.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 AM

Spam!
Old 03-24-2011, 05:48 AM

Put the addy on your blocked sender list and you won't get them any longer. They'll be stopped by your ISP. Simple really.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:02 AM

I get the same emails too - they are usually in my spam list - I just delete them - if I really have a package - I know about it and where its coming from (tracking #)
Old 03-24-2011, 06:08 AM

I just got a legitimate looking email from citbank/citcards saying I had a balance of 200.51 on a card ending 7446. I don't have a card that ends with those 4 digits so I called the CustServ number at Citibank. They checked (via my ssn) and said I had no credit card accounts open at all. So, I forwarded the email to the [email protected] address and [email protected] (FTC reporting). Now, I've got to go check my credit report. You'd think that these people could get caught, but noooooo. Too many of them and they all have psuedonyms, avatars, and don't really "exist". What a weird age we live in!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:11 AM

SCAM SCAM SCAM--open it and you are hacked, then they send emails to ALL you contacts--your ISP can and WILL shut you down.
SUPERAntiSpyware keeps you protects, and it is free--much better than being shut down and computer in the shop for days, and all your friends and forums mad at you!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:15 AM

I've been seeing stuff on FB saying that someone is looking for me. Of course you immediately say "hmmmm wonder who that could be" but luckily I didn't fall for them! I'm in contact with all the people I want to be in contact with! AND you get all these sites that say "free' then there's all these hoops you have to jump thru...what's with that?
Old 03-24-2011, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Izaquilter
I've been seeing stuff on FB saying that someone is looking for me. Of course you immediately say "hmmmm wonder who that could be" but luckily I didn't fall for them! I'm in contact with all the people I want to be in contact with! AND you get all these sites that say "free' then there's all these hoops you have to jump thru...what's with that?
Another way to get your information!
Old 03-24-2011, 06:19 AM

The attached zip file has a very bad virus in it....DO NOT OPEN....be sure to marka s spam and delete it....This came from UPS (brown shipping co)

Thank you for forwarding this information to us. The e-mail you received is not a legitimate UPS communication. We are aware that individuals may inappropriately use the UPS name or its services to perpetuate fraudulent activities. We appreciate you alerting us to this latest incident.

If you are ever concerned about the authenticity of an e-mail referencing UPS, do not click on any links provided. Open a new Web browser, type www.ups.com into your browser address field, and either log in to your Internet shipping account from this page - or use the "search" feature located at the top of the page to access the information you need. You may also verify its authenticity by forwarding it to [email protected].

While UPS is not liable for the actions of third parties, we are working to prevent and detect fraud where possible.

For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, see our Web site at www.ups.com/fraudprotection.

Thank you again for bringing this matter to our attention.

UPS Corporate Compliance & Ethics
Fraud Report Management
[email protected]

Originally Posted by Hosta
I have gotten 6 emails saying they were from darn't now my brain is malfunctioning and I can't remember there name its the delivery service Brown trucks saying I have a package coming first of all how would they get my email second I haven't ordered anything I have just been deleting them without opening I do hope its a scam