Screen doors in Texas..

Old 06-01-2011, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by redkimba
I live in Texas, and I have a screen door. I don't really use it because when the temperature drops below 95 I feel a bit chilly... :P

EDIT - this is what I was trying to think of: We have all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, Still summer, and Christmas
Know what you're saying. When we lived in So.Texas, we too had all four seasons but we called it hot, hotter and hotter yet. But, you're right. After a while below 95 was cool. 8-)
Old 06-02-2011, 04:30 PM
j

I moved to AZ and found the same thing, when we bought our house one of the first things I did was put on a screen door. It moves open sideways and you would be surprised at the people who nearly walk through it. But I need air and with having a swamp cooler that we use, the doors and windows can be open and the house is cool. Come July August Sept. I usuall have to use the A/c and I dislike it very much. Then the weather cools down. -- J.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:50 PM

We have a screen door, but it's WAY too hot right now to leave the doors and windows open. There isn't a breeze blowing through my neighborhood and hasn't been for a few months. In the spring and fall I open up the house and let the breeze come through.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:10 PM

The new house I'm trying to buy has 3 doors downstairs. 2 of 'em have wrought iron screen doors. If I get it they will be open in the spring & fall!!! Boy I love wrought iron!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-205906.jpe  
Old 06-03-2011, 03:16 AM

We don't have them in S. florida either....too hot..
Old 06-03-2011, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by redkimba
I live in Texas, and I have a screen door. I don't really use it because when the temperature drops below 95 I feel a bit chilly... :P

EDIT - this is what I was trying to think of: We have all four seasons: Almost summer, summer, Still summer, and Christmas
When the temperature drops below 95 you feel chilly??
Anything over 75 and I am feeling too hot!
Our seasons are about the opposite of yours...winter, winter, still winter, and warmer.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:51 AM

[quote=patchsamkimWhen the temperature drops below 95 you feel chilly??
Anything over 75 and I am feeling too hot!
Our seasons are about the opposite of yours...winter, winter, still winter, and warmer.[/quote]

I have a friend that lives in Michigan. She worries about me when the temps get to the 100 degree mark. I just laugh & tell her that anything outside happens either at the crack of dawn or as the sun is setting. Otherwise it don't happen.

First time that the temp hits 85 after a hot summer, I always feel that I need a sweater. :P
Old 06-06-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Kappy
Reading these posts about the heat and humidity (we have the snow and the cold) I think about what the settlers had to endure. They were hardy folks, compared to them I feel like a sissy! But I love the modern conveniences!
My Granny used to say, "There was nothing good about the good ol' days!" She preferred her modern conveniences, too. She just wouldn't turn on the AC much because of electric bills.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:44 PM

I'm with you on this. The bugs in Texas are huge at my daughters house. We purchased a screen door for their apartment. They have alot of trees where they live and it's nicely shaded, the screen door just made since.