Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Searching for a cold pillow? >

Searching for a cold pillow?

Searching for a cold pillow?

Old 02-12-2014, 01:21 PM

Default Searching for a cold pillow?

I am tired of having a hot head at night when I go to bed...tossing and turning, flipping and fluffing. Can anyone recommend a pillow that stays cool? Thank-you all.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:25 PM

I have the same issue so I will be following this. My husband talked me into one of those memory mattresses that has the cooling gel on top - it doesn't work! Not too bad in the winter but not sure what I will be doing when summer gets here!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:26 PM
Power Poster

There's a pillow advertised on tv all the time. I think it's called Chillow Pillow. not sure but I have seen it.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Power Poster

It is called Chillow Pillow. $12.99. Googled it.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:04 PM

The Chillow pillow has not received good reviews ....I tried one of the gel inserts that goes inside the pillowcase on top of a pillow. forgot the name but it didn't stay cool. It was a blue piece of plastic with a fabric covering .
Old 02-12-2014, 02:54 PM

The best pillows I ever found were filled with buckwheat hulls. I bought mine on HSN many years ago, Amazon sells them now. The first day I opened them, they had an earthy smell and it drove my cats crazy. It lasted a day or so then no smell. They are cool and soft yet supportive, I just love mine.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:21 PM

We purchased ones from Sleep Number that have been wonderful. There is a shaped pillow and a shaped cover will little waxy like pills that stay cool enough for me. They do say not to dry it in a hot dryer, hang it to dry. The heat ruins the cooling effect.
Old 02-12-2014, 03:42 PM

My DD got me a Comfort Revolution cool gel memory foam pillow for Christmas and I LOVE it!!! It really does work. If I start getting too warm, I just turn it around (or over) and start chillin' out again. Ahhhhhh! I think she got it at Costco & it wasn't too expensive - around $30ish. I did have to let it "air out" for a few of days before I used it. Had to do the same thing with my memory foam mattress topper too. The plastic-y/chemical smell dissipates within a few days. Hope you find one to fit you.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Nanny's dollface View Post
The Chillow pillow has not received good reviews ....I tried one of the gel inserts that goes inside the pillowcase on top of a pillow. forgot the name but it didn't stay cool. It was a blue piece of plastic with a fabric covering .
No wonder I hadn't seen any of their commercials recently. It seem that one of the mattresses companies came out with something. Not sure if it was the Sleep Number or Temperpedic. Check out BB&B. They always seem to have the latest items for bed.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:52 AM

DH and I just went through this torture a few months ago. Ended up finding the best feeling/best price pillows at Walmart of all places. If you're interested, PM me and I can get the tag info. The ones I selected said something on the wrapper about being 'cool' but that was not my primary concern. But I will say, that I have not been having the 'hot head' thing since I've been using these pillows.