Secret Santa Packages

Old 12-13-2010, 08:52 PM

I had been so busy with the soldier's quilts that I forgot to be in the opening chat. I'm so glad smtp5 emailed me to let me know it was pass time to open the package. It had been taunting me for so long sitting beside my sewing machine, just waiting until the opening date.

She sent so many nice things it's hard to know where to start but I love them all. This is the first year since my mom passed Christmas Eve 1998, that I've decided to celebrate Christmas again and this package sure makes getting back into the swing of things so much easier. Although it makes me tear up, because this so much reminds me of what mom use to do for all 14 of us kids, it also brings a lot of joy in the memories.

Sandra you are the best!

Thanks so much for the goodies and even more for the precious memories of my mom.

every thing except the ktchen sink!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143015[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143010.jpe   attachment-143011.jpe   attachment-143012.jpe  
Old 12-13-2010, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by nellie
hello ladies i would like to thank my secert santa Sue Atkinson for the wonderful gifts ,she wrap my gifts in a beauitful fabric with a big green bow ,in side of fabric wrap were 4 quilting books, a wrist pincushion, 21 fat quarters a xmas ginger bread man or boy for tree decor and a cute xmas pin to pin on clothes for Holidays,thank you so very much Sue i love my gifts, sorry can,t post pictures i don,t own a camera, it,s on my xmas list for santa ,again Sue thank you and Merry Christmas,nellie
you are so welcome, sorry I forgot to put in my user name
Old 12-13-2010, 11:11 PM

Wow, Seasaw2mch, you were truly blessed by your Secret Santa. I am so glad she helped you get back into celebrating Christmas.

You're right, she sent you everything but the kitchen sink! I really like the potholder... such a simple idea and very effective.

Merry Christmas.
:-D
Old 12-14-2010, 12:48 AM

Sorry I missed the "Grand Opening"! I was in San Antonio helping at the candle booth in Ingram Park mall when it was time. I want to thank my Secret Santa, C Pajak (?) from Olney Bucks for all the wonderful goodies. Beautiful batiks that I will use very soon, a darling red victorian boot ornament with sparklies on it,(I think she made it), heart shaped bath salts in a lavendar drawstring bag, gorgeous hand dyed thread from Wales, a lovely cosmetic bag with delightful smelling Marks & Spencer Magnolia hand cream inside, cute snowman socks (how did she know I love cute socks!), a most intriguing kit for making felted wool ornaments, and an adorable handmade card featuring a reindeer with sparklies in his antlers.

Thank you so much! And have a very Merry Christmas!
Old 12-14-2010, 02:47 AM

To my Secret Santa, Darlene....."Littleone" Thank you for the great gifts. I hope the photo shows up here. I'm on the NC coast at DD's house...going to help her move back to Wilmington since future SIL just deployed.
I received pretty blue coordinating FQ's, an origami mini quilt kit, a skinny quilt pattern, Asian fabric, a pieced ornament, fabric labels, thread, green tea, chocolates, mints and a cute card all wrapped up in a 1/2 yard of really pretty red fabric. Thank you for making my first Secret Santa a positive, fun experience. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all! Sara
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143091.jpe  
Old 12-14-2010, 03:15 AM

Wow, Linda you really know how to spoil a girl! I dropped and broke my camera yesterday so I can post a pic, but here are the many, many, many goodies that Linda sent me.

4 very beautiful Christmas FQs, A FQ of snowman fabric, Christmas gift tags, a crazy cutter, a reusable shopping bag, a pocket calander, french vanilla hot chocolate YUM!, a reusable color grabber, a journal, a tote bag with my initial, a book mark, a snowman hand towel, candy cane note cards, Christmas cookie potpourri, a small organizer bag, a handmade pincusion with cute little cross stitched cupcakes, a snow man box, a leaf candy dish, and 4 Christmas ornaments!

Thanks Linda!
Old 12-14-2010, 11:35 AM

I'm just loving it! Seeing all the loverlies that everyone got.
I'm still trying to get pictures taken of what was sent to me.
I had a bit of a mishap...cats got on the table and knocked things down and messed everything up. I am taking pics of things and will be posting all later. I'm sure that some of what was sent is messed up in the pictures, meaning one person may have sent something that is showing with someone elses. I did get the cards and such, so I do have the names.

I again, want to thank everyone for being so kind and generous not only to me, but to the people they sent to.

So, who's up for doing it again next year? lol
Old 12-14-2010, 11:44 AM

I'm just hoping that the recipient of my SS gift got to open her package and that she liked the contents. Since I haven't heard a word from her I'm also hoping that she's OK. Has anyone heard from or seen Carsey?
Old 12-14-2010, 12:19 PM

I received a wonderful package from Soniboo -- I'm sorry I'm so late in responding. The little sack was (past tense) filled with Hershey kisses. The fat quarters and the charm packs are being turned into Christmas goodies as we speak. The holiday doily looks great on my sideboard, the angel ornament is watching over all of us from her place near the top of the tree. Thank you so much for your generosity. May you and yours have a wonderful holiday season.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143278.jpe  
Old 12-14-2010, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
I'm just loving it! Seeing all the loverlies that everyone got.
I'm still trying to get pictures taken of what was sent to me.
I had a bit of a mishap...cats got on the table and knocked things down and messed everything up. I am taking pics of things and will be posting all later. I'm sure that some of what was sent is messed up in the pictures, meaning one person may have sent something that is showing with someone elses. I did get the cards and such, so I do have the names.

I again, want to thank everyone for being so kind and generous not only to me, but to the people they sent to.

So, who's up for doing it again next year? lol

ME Me Me!!!! BUT only if YOU are hosting... you are the bestest :D