Self Cleaning Oven

Old 08-04-2017, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by KrissyD. View Post
I use the self cleaning option all the time , A plus is if you have yucky cookie sheets , muffin pans or want to clean the grates on your stove or out side grill throw them in before you start & they come out REALLY clean
Apparently this is also how you clean your Pampered Chef stoneware
https://www.myrepurposedlife.com/pam...fthen-and-now/

Someday I'll have enough nerve to try it, because I'm the same as the OP
Old 08-05-2017, 11:12 AM

Living in hot and humid north Florida I only run the self-clean cycle in the winter.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by KrissyD. View Post
I use the self cleaning option all the time , A plus is if you have yucky cookie sheets , muffin pans or want to clean the grates on your stove or out side grill throw them in before you start & they come out REALLY clean
Wow!! I never thought to put my stovetop grates in the oven. Thanks. I'll be trying this when we get back in our home.
Sewfriendly
Old 08-05-2017, 12:34 PM

I wouldn't know how to function without my self-cleaning oven. Just run the exhaust fan while it cleans and leave the oven door closed until it has cooled some.
You will love it also!
Mariah
Old 08-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Power Poster

I found an opening slot in the top of my oven door that with a wire clotheshanger with rag attached will get between the two panes of glass of the oven door. On some ovens the slot is on the bottom. Do not spray anything in the slot thought. Spray the rag. DH made me a thin metal handle that I can attach a scotch brite pad too. It cleans the inside of the glass perfectly.
I wanted an oven with no glass window because I had to open the door to see the food anyway. The glass is a pain to keep clean. I could not find one. The salesman at the appliance store said none were made without the glass. It was cheaper to make it with the glass window then a solid door.

Went to Handyman to see the window cleaning tute. My oven door has no screws holding the door to the oven. The latches that keep the door attached are embedded in the door and no way to get them out. DD's oven doesn't have the screws either. ???

Last edited by Onebyone; 08-05-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by b.zang View Post
I never use self-clean if I'm not home. However, open your windows for good ventilation because the burning off of residue will produce an odor. If you leave your racks in the oven, rub the edges with waxed paper afterwards to make them slide easily again.
I agree, I have never used the self-cleaning feature unless I am at home and I check it frequently as it does get really hot, but it's so nice not to have to do all that hard work of cleaning by hand.