Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sent DH to grocery store...... >

Sent DH to grocery store......

Sent DH to grocery store......

Old 11-09-2011, 08:21 PM

Yes, but I just keep sending him anyway. I hate to grocery shop.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Power Poster

My DH does a better job shopping than I do. Will give him a list and he pretty much sticks to it whereas I seem to spend a lot more money than he does.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:41 PM

If my DH brings something home I try to tell him it's all fine...which then makes him think something is wrong and he will go thru each item until there IS something wrong... Generally it's not a big deal because we'll eat it whenever...if not, then we've wasted those few $ over stupider things before and I'm sure we will again. Overall, it's not worth getting my undies in a knot and I do appreciate him going to pick up a few things.

If we're in the store together, whatever he puts in the cart is what he wants so that is fine too...if I want something different, then I go and get it. He usually has to go to the bathroom when I am paying so he doesn't notice, lol.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:32 AM

I'm afraid to send my DH to the store. He'd come home with every package of junk food known to mankind!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:40 AM

Mine does pretty well at the grocery store but we have incidents just like yours too! On one list I sent him with I put down the Pick-a-Size paper towels which we have used for years. He saw that and thought it meant for him to pick a package size. We both had a good laugh later on.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:56 AM

My DH will not go to the store alone. When he goes with me on a rare occassion, he keeps putting stuff back. That's too expensive. We already have eggs ( Yeah, 3, and I want to make cookies this afternoon.) It's not on the list. (but I know I put out the last roll of bathroom tissue right before we left) You bought milk last week. I don't like blue cheese (but I do, and buy it very seldom, only on a light grocery day and if its on sale).
Oh, well, he's good looking and quite gallant most of the time, so I'll keep him...
Old 11-10-2011, 09:08 AM

My husband loved to go to the store! I used to send him for 3 or 4 things and the kids and I would place bets on how many bags he would bring home! It was always a lot but he never forgot my 3 or 4 items. Goodness, I miss that man!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:44 AM

I have yet to figure out why guys have such a hard time in the grocery store! I went one time with a guy I was dating, and I had my list, and I start at the back of the store and go straight to the stuff I need (I knew where it all was) and he complained the whole time about how I was "rushing" through the store. Why dawdle when you know what you want and where it is, especially when you have something you need cooked by a certain time? lol
Old 11-10-2011, 09:50 AM

I once asked mine to pick up a jar of beef gravy to go on top of pasties for dinner that night. When I got home from work, there was a small jar of spaghetti sauce on the counter!!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by RonieM View Post
My DH goes to the store for me all the time. As long as I am very specifica about what I want, he usually does OK. It's when I am not, that there is a problem.
Same with my DH. I recently had foot surgery, was non-weight-bearing, and had to remain in a wheelchair for 8 weeks. It was too much hassle for me to go shopping with the chair, so I sent DH to the grocery store. He called me on his cell phone in a panic. I had put "one can of mushrooms" on the list, but there were TWO SIZES of cans and he didn't know what to get!