Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-02-2011, 05:13 PM

plainpat--i noticed the saying under your signature line . i learned it as :sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!
Old 09-02-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by BARES
Originally Posted by quilthappygail
Good morning all. Started this month at 157#, had a small drop of just under a half pound this morning so feel like a good start. Hop to keep it up.
Sorry I didn't get that we reported our weight. Okay here goes 287. Oh well none of you can see me anyway. My fur son, Paws, is much prettier than I am.
You don't have to report your weight, for myself, I do to keep me honest and to help my memory. When I sleep I forget things, and I update my ticker each week no matter where my weight is...
I hope that explains a little better...
Thank you, it does explain better. Sometimes I read something and I see words that aren't there. Such as "I saw a picture" and it reads as "I saw a practice". I figured I misread even tho I had read it a couple of times. LOL Maybe I should get glasses. 0o. I put on some of this weight just this year. Maybe I can fool it into thinking that it never found me if I can get on a healthier eating plan quick enough.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:30 PM

[quote=plainpat]I found the tracker & put it on one post.Do you need to put it on every post you make? I must not be doing it right.

Originally Posted by oldcottontop
Originally Posted by plainpat
I went to myfitnesspal.com & signed up, but not sure how you get the tracker.

Welcome to all the new challengers this month.

After you log into MyFitnessPal, click on Tools at the top and then choose weight loss ticker and just follow the steps. They also have a very good food and exercise log. The food log takes some getting used to but after you use it for a while, it does get easier.
In MyfitnessPal go into your profile. Under your tracker it says "add to my site". Click on that and it will tell you how to add it to your signature on QB.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:42 PM

Hey everybody!
Tomorrow night after midnight (!) I will post the August winner, the wait is to give the East Coast people the opportunity to report in as some still do not have internet. I am sorry for the delay but I think it is only fair to all participants.

I had a really good day today. I kept the car and paid the bills, took my poodle for his monthly grooming (he is so pretty now), and went by the quilt shop and visited. I took some hand quilting and worked on that.

I don't have much appetite but still managed to eat plenty today, probably too much! Tomorrow I will be car-less and will stay on my much lower calorie diet.

Hugs to all...
Old 09-02-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Hey everybody!
Tomorrow night after midnight (!) I will post the August winner, the wait is to give the East Coast people the opportunity to report in as some still do not have internet. I am sorry for the delay but I think it is only fair to all participants.

I had a really good day today. I kept the car and paid the bills, took my poodle for his monthly grooming (he is so pretty now), and went by the quilt shop and visited. I took some hand quilting and worked on that.

I don't have much appetite but still managed to eat plenty today, probably too much! Tomorrow I will be car-less and will stay on my much lower calorie diet.

Hugs to all...
It sounds like you had a great day! I would love to sit and do some hand work while chatting with you and Mr. MJ! :)

Missy
Old 09-02-2011, 06:05 PM

wouldn't it be nice if we could have a convention and all get together!? man, that would be the BEST! some of us haven't revealed our faces, some of us have, but who is going to remember? mj turned into a chihuaua, missy is a pair of feet, i'm a quilt, irishrose showed us wedding pictures, but in the end we are all pretty much incognito.but we are all cared for, and we all care about each other so much, and our human quilt is far from finished! plenty of room and warmth for more players! so welcome, newbies! one of you will probably win the 1/4's this month, since the first month is when you drop a lot of free water. it's still weight so it counts. us older members, been here 3 months so far myself, are a little slower--slow and steady wins the race, but not the fat q! if you have a significant amount to lose, come on in! we're here for the long haul! this isn't a "diet" it's a life, and we are trying to make it the longest and healthiest possible, with change. change your bad eating habits to good ones you can live with. change your mind to not want those things that keep you from your goal. change the way you look at yourself--for me, i'm not a fat old woman, i'm a 'getting slim' senior powerhouse, and i'm going to tell myself every day. i have the power to be a slimmer me! good luck everybody!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:34 PM

8.7#s
Old 09-02-2011, 06:35 PM

I pm'd you on 8/31/11 with my August loss of 8.7 lbs.
Joined the gym in June and loving it. My drs ok'd me for water exercise. Zumba is my favorite. My you have a place to try near you try it, bet you'll love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:
I have also lowered my insulin doses, YEAH!!!!!!!!
Lost 7 & 3/8 inches last 2 weeks..

Count me in on Sept.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:02 PM

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Old 09-02-2011, 08:39 PM

I'll join in! I weighed myself on the 1st and am crossing my fingers for a good weight loss this month. :D