Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-22-2011, 09:37 AM

Well, I can't get past the 5 pound mark. I know I have a littile time but pretty sure I'm not going to make any great strides by then so I bought my FQ. Good luck to everyone.
    Old 09-22-2011, 10:07 AM

PokerDiva - there's nothing wrong 5 pounds a month. That's 60 pounds a year. And you do still have time. Lose one more and that'd be 72 pounds a year. Sounds good to me for anyone who is in that desired loss range. BTW, your avatar is lovely.

Holding here at 3 pounds, which isn't all bad for me. Slow and steady wins the race unwrinkled, LOL.
    Old 09-22-2011, 11:03 AM

Thank you for your words of incouragement.

Originally Posted by irishrose
    PokerDiva - there's nothing wrong 5 pounds a month. That's 60 pounds a year. And you do still have time. Lose one more and that'd be 72 pounds a year. Sounds good to me for anyone who is in that desired loss range. BTW, your avatar is lovely.

Holding here at 3 pounds, which isn't all bad for me. Slow and steady wins the race unwrinkled, LOL.
    Old 09-22-2011, 11:07 AM

To Missy

What a wt loss you've had! How wonderful when everything is going in the right direction.You're doing great.Congratulations to you.
    Old 09-22-2011, 12:31 PM

Oh thank you EVERYONE!!! This has been a long and hard-fought battle. I am just so glad that I did not have that surgery in vain. It works!

Missy
    Old 09-22-2011, 01:36 PM

Hi all, so good to be able to sit down and read all your posts. Missy a huge hug on your big loss. Keep it up, we are so proud of you.
    Have had a rough month only down a pound or two but I'm glad for it. It's closer to my goal and thats a good thing. Been able to walk each day but not as far as I would like because of my hips giving me heck. I don't know what I did but they hurt if I stop moving or move for to long.grrr. Food has been a real challenge this month I just don't want any of the healthy food. I've been craving all the wrong things and not been able to keep away from some of the worst ones. I hate to be out of control but for some reason my body is demanding the forbidden stuff.
    There have been so many posts that I would be typing the rest of the afternoon making separate entries so just know that I wish all continued success and to those not felling well my prayers are being said for your recovery.
    Hugs to all
    Gail
    Old 09-22-2011, 02:31 PM

just popping in with my 2cents worth! congrats on all the success, great and small! i keep toodling along, just finished my dq for a swap. i even took pictures AND put a label on it! i may become a real quilter yet!
    food has been a challenge. i've noticed that i'm forgetting meals again. i need to get a little alarm clock and set it to go off every 4 hrs. anyway, i feel good, and i hope that you who are sick get well very soon! this is one of the nicest times of year nearly everywhere and i hope we all get to enjoy it!
    Old 09-22-2011, 02:49 PM

Oh my goodness. I am absolutely speechless and dumbfounded. I just watched Dr Oz with the 700+ pound woman that wants to be 1800 pounds and be the fattest woman. First off...she kept this smile on her face the whole time that scared the crap out of me. Not because I think she is evil or anything but because it is the smile that hides tears. At least, that is how I saw it.

Her numbers when he put her up on the truth tube were SHOCKING. Her BMI is 128. Doctor Oz said he has never seen another person with that BMI. My BMI when I started this whole thing was 93+. It is now 66.2. Wow. That is a number that cannot be lied away or smudged to be better. This woman kept saying she was healthy. No way no how.

Her other numbers were just as shocking.

I think it has affected me so much because my body structure is so much like hers. My mom was watching it with me and I look at her and said, "OMG. I look like her!" Mom said I DID but I do NOT look like that anymore. Sigh.

My heart aches for this woman because I know what it feels like to be so big and so unhealthy. I am angry at the same time because I saw the picture of her with her two children. I have two children too. Doesn't she understand what it will be like for her sons when she dies? OMG.

I am sorry if this upsets anyone but you guys know my journey and know how hard this journey has been for me. I do not regret a single thing I have had to do to get here either.

*Deep Sigh*

I pray that one day I will be in a position physically where I will look healthy and will be healthy too. I do not want to be the fattest woman in the world. I want to be healthy and happy.

Missy
    Old 09-22-2011, 03:35 PM
    elm

Missy
    Thank you for being so open about your struggle. I'm happy that things are going so well for you. It doesn't seem to matter whether we have a lot or a little to lose, staying on track sometimes goes well and sometimes is a big struggle.
    Here's to another good day for all on this journey.
    elm
    Old 09-22-2011, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by elm
    Missy
    Thank you for being so open about your struggle. I'm happy that things are going so well for you. It doesn't seem to matter whether we have a lot or a little to lose, staying on track sometimes goes well and sometimes is a big struggle.
    Here's to another good day for all on this journey.
    elm
    Thank you Elm! You right though that regardless of the amount we need to lose the struggle is still the same. This is not an easy journey, for any of us, but a necessary one if we are to get healthier. I guess when I wrote what I did about that woman, I just felt so sad for her. It is not fun to not be able to walk to the bathroom or not be able to take a good shower without help. I would not wish that on anyone. Ever.

Big hugs to all of us that are working on this challenge, no matter what your size, you are cared for here!

Missy