Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-22-2011, 03:46 AM

Good morning all. Prayers for all who are ill and recovering. For me, the recovery is eons longer than the actual illness. Hubby in same boat as I am. Makes the days d-r-a-g. Off to get my kid to school, then I'm going back to bed.

hugs.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:50 AM

Hi to all!

thelondonzoo. I love your new pic! You look so cute

nancia. Wow! I walk the Big Store Too! I thought I was the only one who shopped/walked. I rarely purchase anything. Sometime I carry things around with me but eventually just walk back to where I picked them up and put them right back down. I wonder if the employees think I'm weird?

Still holding steady at 8 pounds lost. Yeah!

Lisa
Old 09-22-2011, 06:04 AM

HOLY MOLY!!!! You guys I can barely contain myself as I write this!! I have been with Cathie for the last few weeks and thought that I had been doing all the wrong this food-wise. I was sooo wrong!

I got on the scale last night (after I drank a big bottle of water) and I weighed 362.8 pounds!! Holy moly!! My goal was 370 on October 1st. I was at 380 on September 1st. So here I am 10 days early and I have exceeded my goal by 7.2 pounds for a grand total of 17.2 pounds lost for September! I am beyond excited about this!

I know that having the lap band has been the best thing for me. I know that I will be able to come off some of my meds when I get down to 350. That is such a huge thing for me.

When I started this whole weight loss thing I was weighing well over 500 pounds. The docs think I weighed close to 550 pounds. I was in a wheelchair. I was wearing size 6X-7X in clothes and those were even too tight. My bra size was 58GG. Yesterday I bought new bras in size 44GG. They fit perfectly! I am now able to put socks on and my tennis shoes on with no help from anyone else. (This might be a tmi but it is the truth) I can now clean my body after going to the bathroom. I can take a shower and know I have washed all my body with no help from anyone. I can go to the store and do my shopping by walking around the store instead of needed to use the riding carts. (I do still need to use one at walmart though) I am wearing a size 4X in pants and a 5X in tops (those darned boobs just get in my way! LOL). I know that I could probably go to a smaller pant size and top size but I do not like tight clothes and my arms are still very big and so the sleeves have to be on the bigger side.

Anyway...I just had to share about my scale and non-scale victories!!

Those of you that have been on this challenge for the last year will know how huge this is for me.

I so love this group and I pray for all of you every day.

Gosh it feels so good today to be alive!

Missy
Old 09-22-2011, 06:42 AM

Lisa, congratulations on the 8# loss! That is great success.

Missy, how inspiring you are. Excited for you that you've exceeded one of your goals. Keep up the hard work!

My drugs are taking effect so I have to quit surfing and lay down.

Happy Thursday everyone.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:42 AM

Lisa, congratulations on the 8# loss! That is great success.

Missy, how inspiring you are. Excited for you that you've exceeded one of your goals. Keep up the hard work!

My drugs are taking effect so I have to quit surfing and lay down.

Happy Thursday everyone.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:55 AM

HOLY MOLY! is right. I'm so happy for you. I wish the QB had a dancing icon so I could show you me dancing for you.

Lisa, that's exciting. 8 pounds is a lot for 22 days.

Jeanne, I was diagnosed with lupus when I was 37, but probably had it since I was 16. The ortho who diagnosed it said, "You have the only arthritis that's fatal." Nice thing to tell a mother with five children. Besides that's not accurate. I refused steroids and therefore avoided the damage caused by their use. It's been like putting out fires, treating attacks as they come, but I was right to treat it that way (for me). It's a balancing act. It killed my thyroid. Now I need my T med increased, but it can't be with lupus. Things like that. Staying out of the sun? Hard to do with children, but you do what you can. All in all, as long as I get enough rest, it doesn't bother me too much. I think the fibromyalgia is more difficult, to say nothing of the arthritises that ate away my ankles. My autoimmune diseases fill half a page in my book I carry to app'ts, but I'm winning, thank you. My PT told my friend I was the most determined patient he'd ever had.

Nancia, misses sizes? Woohoo is right. It opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Buying clothes is such fun, but I just don't need any. Buying fabric is fun if it's on sale, but I don't need much. Buying yummy food is fun, but I don't need much. Hmmm, do I see a pattern here?

I know at least two groups that walk the perimeter of Meijers in the mornings. Three things keep me from joining them - the dreaded word - morning - and I would miss the outdoors, plus I couldn't take the dogs. They say four loops is a mile. Our high school/junior high complex is open to walkers after school, too. It's a full block wide with winding halls so the mileage would add up fast.

Soup was good. I added cabbage to the bean soup. It was a good addition, surprisingly. I don't know the calories on bean soup, but I do know I ate a lot.

My headache went away when I put a heated bag on my neck. Thank you, mim.

Have a healthy eating day. I am losing weight and getting healthier.
Judy
Old 09-22-2011, 07:41 AM

Thanks leann
The 8 lbs is from last month and this month.

5 from august and just three for Sept.

Lisa
Old 09-22-2011, 07:55 AM

Great to hear all the successes. Missy it is always great to get a bonus and you got it in spades. Yesterday was okay. I FEEL better even if...Don't know if I lost any since the first of the month - haven't weighed. Still aware and watching what I put in my mouth. Even when it is not the best thing, I am controlling how much. Guess that is something. I will get the hang of juggling life and food. Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:19 AM

Way to Go Missy!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 08:28 AM

Wow! Ya'll are doing so great!
Has anyone received their fabric from me yet? I really wanna know!

Missygirl, I am so excited! Big numbers that are fun!

I am back and back on track. I passed/failed the sleep study. That means I get a c-pap today. Doc is calling it in now as we speak.

I feel better today than I have in 3 months! Praise be to God and oxygen!

Keep on moving forward: we're either moving forward, moving backward or we're dead. Take your choice.