Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-24-2011, 01:21 PM

UPDATE ON HOW THINGS ARE GOING FOR ME:

Had CT of chest on Wednesday, they found something that didn't belong in my lungs plus an enlarged lymph node.

On Thursday had a bronchoscopy (scope in lungs to look) in the OR (normally done in radiology) under general anesthsia instead of local. Told parents would be gone about an hour. Well 5 hours later I come back.

I have a blockage/tumor in my right lung. The right lung has 3 lobes and 2 of the 3 are block causing a collapse lung and pneumnia. A biopsy was taken of the growth, pending results. The lymph node was also aspariated and sent for testing. All results are still pending.

Mom is hanging in there. she has had a few anixety attacks over the last few days.

Finally got a PICC line in so I dont have to be stuck constantly. I have horrible veins. that took longer than expected so I made sure they called up to let my mom know what was going on so she didn't worry again.

I will be having some kind of surgery just dont know what the game plan is yet, that is also pending results.

I will keep eveyone posted. Those who got catalogs from me have my number and can send me text if you text. Just please let me know who you are.

THanks for the prayers and I will keep you all updated as I can.

Cindy
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
    Originally Posted by irishrose
    Lynne, time for onions and honey to clear your lungs. Raw onions, if you can, and natural honey. It's hard to find raw here. I had to steam my onions slightly, let them cool and then add the honey. It worked like a charm. You can't run if you can't breathe.

Down a pound today, but I had a hot dog attack tonight, so we'll see if it holds.
    I forgot,tonight I read an old cure all was to take a pint jar and fill it with garlic,then add Braggs apple cider vinegar and put it in a dark cool place for 5 days and shake it once every day.Then after the five days,take the garlic out of the vinegar,then add good local honey back up to where the garlic line was before and again shake it up good.Then let it set for 1 more day.Then put in refridgerator and it will last indefinately.Use it for colds,caughs mostly,flues.infections, etc.Old time caugh/flu treatment.
    Since I am living in the land of endless new record highs, this will have to wait as there is no place within 100 miles of me that is cool AND dark.

I hope I remember to look at this around Thanksgiving. But, I hope I don't have a reason to think of it then.
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws

Had CT of chest on Wednesday, they found something that didn't belong in my lungs plus an enlarged lymph node.

On Thursday had a bronchoscopy (scope in lungs to look) in the OR (normally done in radiology) under general anesthsia instead of local. Told parents would be gone about an hour. Well 5 hours later I come back.

I have a blockage/tumor in my right lung. The right lung has 3 lobes and 2 of the 3 are block causing a collapse lung and pneumnia. A biopsy was taken of the growth, pending results. The lymph node was also aspariated and sent for testing. All results are still pending.

Mom is hanging in there. she has had a few anixety attacks over the last few days.

Finally got a PICC line in so I dont have to be stuck constantly. I have horrible veins. that took longer than expected so I made sure they called up to let my mom know what was going on so she didn't worry again.

I will be having some kind of surgery just dont know what the game plan is yet, that is also pending results.

I will keep eveyone posted. Those who got catalogs from me have my number and can send me text if you text. Just please let me know who you are.

Cindy
    Oh Cindy! I am so sorry to hear about these new developments. I will be praying for you!

Missy
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:25 PM

[quote=mim]I was thinking -- who is supplying all the food?? And where is the money coming from to pay for it all?? and when she can't get out of bed because of that load, who cooks and brings it to her?? in AA they call that enabling. And isn't Dr OZ also enabling by having her on and get publicity?? Just a thought -- maybe I'm way of base -- Mim

Mim, I have wondered the same thing. Who is enabling this person to destroy themselves and others around them? I'm with you, if you don't want to change, that is a big problem and Dr. Oz made her celebrity for a day.
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl

Cindy
    Oh Cindy! I am so sorry to hear about these new developments. I will be praying for you!

Missy
    Thank you Missy, I am keeping positive and praying for the best.
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Originally Posted by nancia
    mj-- did i miss the part where the dr took you off bed rest?
    Ummm, no.

I will ride to the lake in the car, and probably take the wheelchair for my walk. They have paved paths for folks like me that need an even surface.
    MJ, my son calls this 'getting owned'.

Nancia, glad you called her out on it.

I love the way MJ said no. I think the change of scenery will refresh you!

hugs
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:32 PM

Cindy
    Cindy, keeping you lifted in prayer and believing for good biopsy and lab results.
    Thanks for keeping us updated.
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:43 PM

I forced myself to do a few things today. It has been 2 weeks since I stripped my bed and I cleaned off the desk in my bedroom that is a clutter magnet. Ran to the library and take Josh to tutor his 'kids'. That is about all I have the energy to do. Headache is not as severe and I hope to make a menu for next week.

I want to say thank you to everyone who commented on my bargello. I still have not decided what to do and it will depend on how much fabric I have. I wish it was finished and I had only the binding to whip down since I am so activity-restricted.

Off to make dinner. It is a 17Day Diet recipe called turkey chili which is nothing more than ground turkey, canned diced tomatoes, and seasoning. We serve it over salad and eat it like a taco salad, without any chips.

I'll top it off with an orange for dessert.
    Old 09-24-2011, 01:46 PM

Pam I just read about what happened to your daughter Kelsey So very sorry It is twice as bad because you are so far from her. My prayers are with you both. Keep us updated please. The sooner she comes home the better for you both.
    Cindy, sounds like you are getting good care and things will be taken care of quickly. My prayers are with you and I will keep you in those prayers until you are home and well. Hope your mom is improving each day also.
    Leann hope each day finds you feeling better.
    It's hot here again today and windy. Did walk this morning but was already to hot to enjoy. Been good with food so far but need to drink more water and for dinner a turkey breast with coleslaw and fresh fruit for desert. I wish all and wonderful weekend and MJ have a wonderful day at the lake.
    Hugs to all
    Gail
    Old 09-24-2011, 02:17 PM

4paws- just caught up on your news. it is evidently a bad time to be trying to lose weight , on the qb, and have lungs. i can only drop one of those things, so for now on i'm not using my lungs. obviously, they are bad for our health! others might think it's coincidence, but i see an evil plot! you don't see fish having any problems!
    seriously, honey, this competition between you and mj has to stop! more seriously, you know you are in my thoughts and heart and prayers. with all of us women talking to God, there's no way anything can go wrong! he'll make you guys well just to shut us up! power in faith, and numbers!