Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-28-2011, 11:40 AM

The docs have been in and say my results are suppose to be in tomorrow and then we will be able to come up with a game plan.

Thanks for prayers
    Cindy

Originally Posted by plainpat
    Sorry to hear you have to wait for results. 4 wks ago, DH had a tumor removed & after a wk in hosp, had to wait another 5 days before they told us it was non malignant.A scary time for sure.Prayers that you'll get the same good news.

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

Surgery didn't happen as planned. I had another bronchoscopy done with deeper tissues taken for biopsy. The tumor is larger than they expected. More in the middle right lobe vs the lower right lobe. that is why surgery didn't go as planned.

now in a waiting pattern on biopsy results
    Old 09-28-2011, 11:45 AM

4paws-- know you are anxious to get this resolved and must be getting frustrated. hopefully, it will be benign and not cause a huge problem. will they need to remove it no matter what? is it the amount of room it takes up that is causing the discomfort? you are still in my prayers and on my mind and i wish the best for you!
    jeanne-- i hope you took a picture of that quilt your husband made! we'd all love to see it!
    Old 09-28-2011, 12:07 PM

glassnquilts-- are you still drinking the 8 cups a day? do remember that muscle is heavier than fat, but takes up less space, and is lots healthier! most likely it is fluid retention!
    lynne-- i 'm sorry. i didn't mean to be insensitive. i know you've been under the broiler all summer, and enough is enough. my husband has lost all his insulation so the house is now kept warm for his comfort, and i am in a bad mood from constantly being overheated. my only relief is to hit a store or mall and i have even less self-control there than in the refrigerator. grrrr.. i think, too, i just want to go home.
    Old 09-28-2011, 03:00 PM

Nancia, can't your husband put on a sweater and cover up with a quilt? Why do you have to suffer from the heat so that he can be warm?
    Old 09-28-2011, 04:17 PM

no fustration at this time, have been anxious but have turned it all over to God. Yes they will need to remover either way, as far as size have not been given measurements on the tumor. On the right I only have 1/3 of my lung working, get short of breath just walking to the bathroom which is about 5 feet away from the bed.

I so miss my little Lucy, I have not seen her in over a week. My son and dil are coming this weekend and hopefully they can wheel me downstairs so I can see her even for 5 mins.

Cindy

Originally Posted by nancia
    4paws-- know you are anxious to get this resolved and must be getting frustrated. hopefully, it will be benign and not cause a huge problem. will they need to remove it no matter what? is it the amount of room it takes up that is causing the discomfort? you are still in my prayers and on my mind and i wish the best for you!
    jeanne-- i hope you took a picture of that quilt your husband made! we'd all love to see it!
    Old 09-28-2011, 04:34 PM

Cindy,
    We have WAY too much in common. I am out of breath with a very short walk.

I continue to lift you up in prayer.
    Old 09-28-2011, 05:15 PM

There are only a couple of days left in the month. I am almost afraid of the scale. I am a stress eater and it has been a stress filled month. I HAD to buy chocolate more than once. My daughter called me on my birthday. Her collage apartment had been robbed. She only lived there 9 days. They got her computer, calculator and some other things. Everyone is OK. Last week my husband was having numbness in his arm and weird feeling in his chest. Went to emergency. Luckily not a heart attack. Did an angiogram and put in a stent and he is OK. Same day my daughters car was towed. Cost her $176 to get it back. Fighting it in court. Enough! Next month will be better. 3 days to weigh in:(
    Old 09-28-2011, 05:40 PM

tonight is roshashana. i have an apricot brisket in the oven with a carrot bake(cross between a pudding and a bread, sort of) and roasted potatoes, salad and challah, no diet foods! so happy new year to those celebrating. and have a good night for those not.
    my husband sometimes has on his regular clothes, a sweater, his jacket and a comforter pulled up to his chin. he just isn't right, you know?! i think they took out his thermostat when they took all the other stuff. also, with only one income he has persuaded me that the ac needs to be set hi. i am so glad to have him still that i put up with nearly anything. sorry i was complainy. i prefer piling things on til i'm warm opposed to taking everything off. once you get to nude, there's no where else to go!
    speaking of clothes-- i have on a pair of myw 'next to normal' jeans.WOOOOHOOO and YEEEHAAW
    Old 09-28-2011, 07:02 PM

Nancia,
    Joyous Rosh Hashana! I pray you will have a good and prosperous New Year.

The challah sounds wonderful, I love it.
    Old 09-28-2011, 07:22 PM

thanx, mj! with a well husband, a new grandchild, and a lighter body, i have to feel it's going to be a good year! my prayers for health and prosperity include all of you!