Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >
  • Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

• Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-28-2011, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    thanx, mj! with a well husband, a new grandchild, and a lighter body, i have to feel it's going to be a good year! my prayers for health and prosperity include all of you!
    SHA-ALU SHALOM YIRUSHALAYIM

My only Hebrew I remember from seminary but appropriate today. You have many blessings and I am blessed by your friendship.
    Old 09-28-2011, 07:45 PM

tov m'od. had to ask my husband for that--it's beyond my actual ability in hebrew, i know a smattering of yiddish which is kinda fun to throw into conversations, 8)
    i , too, feel very blessed and fortunate to have you as a friend and inspiration in my life. no pedestal, just a good friend. thank you!
    tov m'od means thank you.
    Old 09-29-2011, 01:29 AM

It is the nearly the last day of September, so time to start the new thread.

If you wish to participate in our weight loss adventure and journey, please go to

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-156684-1.htm#4327386
    and sign up!

In anticipation of many, many great losers this month, please do NOT pm me if you have NOT lost more than 4 pounds this month.

Please place the weight loss in the subject line like this:
    subject: I lost 29 pounds!
    then finished the message. This makes it so much easier for me to find the biggest loser, rather than opening and reopening 40 or more emails.

I know we all did well as we stayed on track. Even if we didn't lose, we won, as we tried and successfully made changes to improve our health.

Come on over to the new thread and join up! It'll be a wild ride!
    MJ
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Nancia - I live in south east WI. For the past 4 days it's been raining and cold. Weatherman says it's supposed to stay this way for next 4 days. Very gloomy!

Leann - I hope you get your border on. What did you decide to use for the border? Take care of yourself - don't push it.

I finished the quilt so now it can go to church today to be put on display until the pig roast.
    Jeanne, great job on the finish! I did not get my border on. I needed to wash my black fabric, but it is now ready to cut. I decided on the dark purple for my first border - it will finish to 2". May use a 6" black border. Will see what it looks like before I start.

I am pleased with the purple border. It seems to make the top glow.

Have a great Thursday.
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by glassnquilts
    I am having a hard time with my weight this month. I am trying to stay on track with my eating but it has been much harder this month. I am still going to the gym. My weight is up about 5 pounds. I still feel thinner.
    I was able to go off of my blood pressure meds this month. I think there may have been a diuretic in it. Is it possible that I am now retaining fluids? If so, what do you all suggest?
    You have victory is getting of ANY medication! Don't fret. It will come.
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers.

Surgery didn't happen as planned. I had another bronchoscopy done with deeper tissues taken for biopsy. The tumor is larger than they expected. More in the middle right lobe vs the lower right lobe. that is why surgery didn't go as planned.

now in a waiting pattern on biopsy results
    Cindy, what a terrible ordeal. Keeping you in prayer and close to my heart.
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:18 AM

glassnquilts-- are you still drinking the 8 cups a day? do remember that muscle is heavier than fat, but takes up less space, and is lots healthier! most likely it is fluid retention!
    lynne-- i 'm sorry. i didn't mean to be insensitive. i know you've been under the broiler all summer, and enough is enough. my husband has lost all his insulation so the house is now kept warm for his comfort, and i am in a bad mood from constantly being overheated. my only relief is to hit a store or mall and i have even less self-control there than in the refrigerator. grrrr.. i think, too, i just want to go home.
    Nancia, I never thought you insensitive and I was not offended. My DH is like you - the heat makes him grumpy. He can't wait to get out of Texas! Me? I bloom whereever I am planted.
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:19 AM

Cindy - will be praying that biopsy is good news.

Pam - How is Ethan doing, I've kept him on my prayer chain.

I went and signed in for Oct hope it's a better month. To many ill people this month.

I'm exhausted - it's been a hectic week for me and it will be straight through into next week. I have my EEG tomorrow and get to see the neurologist right after to get results. I'm not particularily worried - I don't think they'll find anything.

Everyone have a good day. Prayers are with you.
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by meanmom
    There are only a couple of days left in the month. I am almost afraid of the scale. I am a stress eater and it has been a stress filled month. I HAD to buy chocolate more than once. My daughter called me on my birthday. Her collage apartment had been robbed. She only lived there 9 days. They got her computer, calculator and some other things. Everyone is OK. Last week my husband was having numbness in his arm and weird feeling in his chest. Went to emergency. Luckily not a heart attack. Did an angiogram and put in a stent and he is OK. Same day my daughters car was towed. Cost her $176 to get it back. Fighting it in court. Enough! Next month will be better. 3 days to weigh in:(
    Aargh! Times like these are so terrible. Glad hubby is ok. From a mom who will have a kid off at college next year; how do you keep their dorms from being robbed?

You are right. Next month will be better.
    Old 09-29-2011, 03:27 AM

tonight is roshashana. i have an apricot brisket in the oven with a carrot bake(cross between a pudding and a bread, sort of) and roasted potatoes, salad and challah, no diet foods! so happy new year to those celebrating. and have a good night for those not.
    my husband sometimes has on his regular clothes, a sweater, his jacket and a comforter pulled up to his chin. he just isn't right, you know?! i think they took out his thermostat when they took all the other stuff. also, with only one income he has persuaded me that the ac needs to be set hi. i am so glad to have him still that i put up with nearly anything. sorry i was complainy. i prefer piling things on til i'm warm opposed to taking everything off. once you get to nude, there's no where else to go!
    speaking of clothes-- i have on a pair of myw 'next to normal' jeans.WOOOOHOOO and YEEEHAAW
    Nancia, GREAT NEWS with the jeans. My hubby walks around with the 'glow' you mentioned. I can't put on my makeup nor dry my hair if I'm drenched. I see no reason to be THAT uncomfortable. That said, we just received our highest electric bill for the summer. Our hottest summer on record.

I am up early for a meeting at school. I am sleeping too much during the day as I did not sleep last night. My weight is up - gotta get a handle on that. Need to get my skinny qtr ready to mail to our deserving winner.

Hubby taking me out for Mexican food for lunch. Another busy day. Hope I have the energy for it. Will be the first time hubby has been out in 2 weeks. He has cabin fever.