Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-08-2011, 03:34 AM

Very inspiring post.......can I ask where you get spirutein? I used another brand,but will be shopping this wk.I'm another one who has done it before, then just seem to get off the rails...as in eating what I want,not what I should.I can't get thinner & eat like that ever again ....simple fact...need it tattooed on my forehead!!!

Originally Posted by Xylie55
Originally Posted by nancia
mrsh2008-- you sound like you have the same pattern i do. my body is in constant starvation mode. so it holds onto everything it gets never knowing if it'll get any more. i find if i'm going to snack i want cookies, breads, cakes, not so much candy, but lately if i start something it's hard to stop before it's all gone. i'm trying to choose fruits and veggies for my snacks, but i'm not always successful. my dh and i went grocery shopping and i bought a few little things for dessert after meals. they are all gone. did i mention we went yesterday? all carbs, all gone. guess i can't do that! time for a new and better plan! i just seem to have strayed away! xylie- slap me around and get me back to where i need to be! i can do this, i have been doing it, i need to keep doing it right!
LOL!I been catching up,looks like a busy few days.We got babies coming,lots of walking and chit chating.I pray for Texas too and all who are going thru tough times.Irishrose,I pray too for you especially.That's got to be tough.And here we have nancia!!!!!!What the heck?It's ok to stray a bit.I done it too.But when I gained my 15 pounds,I got it right back off.I lost 3 pounds thus far this month.So am moving again.And we got to get you down past the 200 mark.you been sitting there long enough.Take the plunge and get that 5 pounds off.AND KEEP IT OFF!That will put you at 195ish.I saw a gal on utube last night {funny as hell} and her channel is 'macomarell's channel' and 'Calorie Restriction Lifestyle' or as she likes to call herself "The Skinny B's" as in bitches.She's a hoot.About our age,and has lost 100 pounds.Check her out,she's funny.She has reciepes etc.She talked to her kitchen utinsils that are like the chef and another one a holding a wine bottle.That was funny.Anyway,Ya,I want to see 5 pounds off your butt this month.No reason why you can't do it.'I want to' don't do it.You have to do it.Like getting into a cold pool.It's a bitch getting in,but once your wet,your warm all over.Same here,once you get in the one unders,you'll sail on down the channel of weight loss wondering why you took so long.Count calories,go on a 1500 calorie a day eating.Pick foods that fill you up and keep you full.Do 5 days on,and 2 days off.Or 6 days on and 1 day off.Or even every other day at 1500 calories.Or.go on the spirutein for 2 meals and eat dinner w/ hubby.I know you can do that one.You'll drop weight like mad this month just doing that.Plus it will give you energy.So you should be at 195 at a minimum at the end of this month,if not in the 180's.Now wouldn't that make your day?You'll feel so much better,and only be 20? pounds behind me.Now LET'S GET ER DONE NANCIA!You CAN do it.YOU CAN do it!You CAN DO IT! YOU CAN DO IT. And so can the rest of you.And THAT goes for me too.especially me too.I been dillydallying long enough at the 160LB range.I moved 3 pounds this month,so am working hard at it.You can do it too.If we can.nancia and I will be battling for the finish line when she gets down to where I am now.I know she can do it,she's done it already,and is doing it now.Like all of you are.Just the fact that we are all here is the right step in the direction we are going.It's time to stop the baby steps,and start moving down the scales.That's what I told myself yesterday.And I'm bound and determined I'm going to finish this to the end,I may not be running and skipping,but even if I have to crawl all the way down,I'm going to finish this!Now,as nancia says,lets all take an oar an start paddling down stream!I'm in,how bout you?nancia's in,anybdyy else?yes,yes,good.Let's get these challenges out of the way so we can continue on...............
Old 09-08-2011, 04:46 AM

prayers for dear little Ethan.

Lisa
Old 09-08-2011, 04:54 AM

Did Anyone watch that Special last night about "My ExtraOrdinary Family". It talked about having food as an addiction, just like drugs or alcohol. I don't know what to think about that. Could it be true?

My sister who weighs maybe 101 lbs. used to tell me to just push away from the table, she always hurt my feeling when she would say that and I never knew what to reply, until one day I thought about her smoking addiction and told her to just push away from the cigarettes. She stopped telling me that after that.

Haven't thought of that for a while, but could I have a food addiction? Who knows for sure.

Anyway I am really trying this time. I will be thinner!
Lisa

Lisa
Old 09-08-2011, 06:50 AM

mim, I love your DWRQ thanks for showing it to us.

Lisa, I really think there is such a thing as food addiction, and esp sugar addiction. I have even heard (strangely enough) about people addicted to excerise. Now why can't that be my vice????
Old 09-08-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by katvert
Originally Posted by Beachbound
Originally Posted by katvert
Beachbound... thanks for showing the quilt...it is inspiring to get started on mine. - watch out for those Twizzlers - Red vines have always been a favorite of mine. They are fat free right??-- but tons of Carbs. I just joined Weight Watchers and so I have been paying more attention to labels. And 1 Red Vine is equal to one point. WOW!!. This has been really opening my eyes. Friday is my official weigh in day but according to my home scale I am already down a couple of pounds just by paying attention.

Cindy - That is why I have never started on it yet. I think I need him to pick out x-number of shirts that he likes best.
HOLY COW!!!! 1 Red Vine is 1 WW point???? oh no, well, good thing I didn't buy any more cause who can eat just 1?
That is what I said.. according to the regular package I have here, I serving is 3 vines = 4 points. I recalculated it many times hoping for an error. ... No wonder I have so much weight to lose.. during Nursing school - 1 exam could easily = 2 bags of red vines. Other favorites of mine that are not worth it are Starburst and Skittles. According to the WW system you are better off eating a little bit of chocolate.
Yes, when I did WW they said to eat 1 York peppermint patty when you need that sweet. I can eat just 1 of them & feel happy. Thanks for telling us about that.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
i've tried this before, so i'll try it again
oh what wonderful pictures! I just can't get the first one out of my mind. I hope you print it & keep it for her so that someday she will be able to see how much you LOVE her! That love just glows from you!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:45 AM

nancia, that first picture is very heartwarming. The love glows from it.

Lisa, I saw that show last night. I am sure I am addicted to sugar and probably food. As the daughter of an alcoholic, I have an addictive personality and have gone through various addictions. Exercise was one in the 80s. My heart went out to the young girl when she couldn't eat. I thought the director was hard on her, but I'm a softy at heart. The brain scan of the director was interesting.

I have to get my posterior in gear before Xylie catches me. There's the motivation I need. If you were at 160 and have lost three pounds, you're close.

Jeanne, glad to see you back. I wondered how you were doing.

Have a clean eating day, y'all.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:28 AM

I love the pictures of you with the baby, they are very sweet. Adorable little one. :-)

I ate too much yesterday in snacks, so I need to do better today. I did get a walk in yesterday evening at least. Just over 200 is where I always seem to get stuck, so I really need to put more exercise time in this week.

Keep up the good work ladies!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:05 AM

marscrafter, those numbers with 0s on the end are hard to get past for some reason. Remember you have been doing well. There will short periods where the scale doesn't go down, but hang in there and it will start again - at least until you get to the last ten pounds - those suckers are welded in place.

Snacks are good for those who don't have tummy problems. Just be sure to allow for them when you plan your day's menu. I may be the only dieter who includes four Dove dark chocolates. I know I'm going to eat them, so it's better for me to plan on it and limit myself to that number. I isolate four every morning so I know when I'm there.

My weight was down a tiny bit this morning. I have to keep it up. Xylie is hot on my trail.

nancia, it's hard to track where I'm at on my virtual trip to GR. I'm past the lakes and almost to the expressway, then there's just green trees with a few exits for miles and miles.

Have a clean eating day. I am getting healthier and losing weight. I am getting stronger. The 30 pound bag of dog food wasn't nearly as heavy this time as last. I'll pass on 40 pounds water softener salt bags. I time those for my son's trips home or call a grandson.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:58 AM

Good morning to all....or rather good afternoon. Been having a terrible time with my server. They were down most of yesterday...it seemed like all day to me. I got home about one and they were down then. Went to bed about 11 and they still weren't up. Got up this morning...yippee, they were up. But by the time I got my coffee, they were down again. :evil: Called them but they have a recorder saying they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix the problem... I know I get a lot of emails but there were 456 just a few minutes ago...dated back to Aug 29. What's up with that? Of course I had read all of those....

You don't realize how much you depend on your PC until you don't have it.

So how is everyone doing food and exercise wise? Everyone staying on track? I haven't had a chance to look at all the post yet but will.

My day went good yesterday.....no rain for a couple of days. Today I was able to get our and clean the yard. I have pines trees in back and they can make a mess when it storms. I was going to take a walk but figured three hours working in the yard would be my exercise for today.

Ya'll have a wonderful, blessed day.