Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
September Weight loss challenge >

September Weight loss challenge

September Weight loss challenge

Old 09-06-2014, 03:08 PM

I have a question please - if you have what you think is a good, filling, wholesome, low cal / low "points" recipe - do you share them here for others who might want to try it?
Been doing well i think -- marking down every morsel that goes in my mouth and counting my points (i use the OLD points method from WW cuz it worked for me before). Staying away from the scale, because i tend to get discouraged if it doesn't say what i think it should....but DH has already lost 7 pounds since 25 August.
PS.... i also didn't put a label on my FQ - but my envelope has my return address label. Sorry.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:34 AM

Yes we post recipes from time to time. Your FQ will be fine, I always check the return address. Yes WW is what works best for me. I need to get back to it. Knowing that I can eat whatever I want as long as I count it seems to work well with the way my mind works. If I know I can't have something I will HAVE TO have it.
Good Luck.
Pat
Old 09-07-2014, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
I'm in please.....i have GOT to lose the 25 lbs i gained when i quit smoking last year....I am at 14 months non-smoker after 45 years smoking.....and i've been trying to lose this weight since January!!!....(only GOOD thing, i haven't GAINED any more since then) I can't fit into any of my clothes and i sure can't afford to buy new ones - other than a couple pairs of jeans -- Back on WW and hoping that this will also help with the support i need.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!
Congrats on quitting smoking, Penni! That is quite a feat after 45 years! You go girl! WW will give you the support you need to lose those unwanted pounds and your success at non smoking, I hope you're sharing that at the meetings. I've lost 26 lbs. since May/june. I did an experiment in August to maintain what I had lost and actually lost a couple pounds in the end so stick with the plan and you'll be successful in your weight loss journey as well. I'm still doing the "Simple Start" and it's working for me so far, will switch over to counting points when I get to a plateau. I didn't join the September challenge, but will cheer everyone on. Good luck to all and have a healthy month of eating and losing those lbs. Marie
Old 09-07-2014, 05:19 AM

Ally congrats on your loss and don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat so that's why your loss has slowed down, you're gaining muscle mass exercising, which is a good thing. You'll lose inches which is also a good thing. Sure wish our doctors shared this info. Keep up the good work, there's a rainbow at the end of your journey that promises to be beautiful! BTW, that goes for all of us. GOOD LUCK ALL!
Old 09-07-2014, 01:43 PM

The winner for August is sewbeit42, with a loss of 4 pounds. Congratulations and keep up the good work. I will send the FQ out ASAP.
Pat
Old 09-07-2014, 01:56 PM

For the September challenge I have the following : Meanmom, Pete, Bjsmith57,Pam H, Mateoh, TeddyBear, Purl, Nic14,Kitty10628, Jims Gem, CindyA,Solstice3, Kalama Quilts, Joogoo, PenniF, Grammanancy,Beckya81, Rivercity, AllyStitches.
I have recieved FQ from: Meanmom, Pete, Bjsmith57, PamH, Mateoh, TeddyBear, Purl, Nic14, CindyA,. I will let you know as I receive more FQ.
I have Kalama and AllyStitches participating but not in the FQ contest.

If I missed anyone please let me know. Good luck to everyone.
Pat
Old 09-07-2014, 03:09 PM

Congratulations Sewbeit42 on your weight loss!!

I will endeavor to get my FQ mailed by Tuesday. So far I am not doing all that great this month. Down a pound but it should be more!!!!

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 09-07-2014, 03:20 PM

good job sewbitit!
we have new babies here! I've spent the better part of the day sitting in front of the playpen googlyeyed.
Haven't a clue what they will look like, the mother is
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbu_d%27Uccle
and the father is an old english game hen, both bantys.
Attached Thumbnails chickthreesept7.jpg  
Old 09-07-2014, 04:45 PM

Love the chickens! My mom has her first brood and she's very excited. I get text messages from her that just plain *sound* googley eyed! :-)

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was good-- just sticking to the fast. We were pretty busy, and then today went for a mountain bike ride. I had personal records on all of the segments except for the downhills. I don't try for those because I'd rather have my neck in tact! I weigh in on Tuesday so am hoping for a decent loss this week. I didn't exercise as much as usual due to some issues with headaches, so maybe the scale will be gentler on me!
Old 09-08-2014, 08:24 AM

Went to a BD party yesterday ad yes, I had cakeand ice cream. Then, thi AM my DH brought me a breakfast Taco. Will start all over ---need to start journaling.