Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Severe Storms and Tornadoes are Here Tonite!! >

Severe Storms and Tornadoes are Here Tonite!!

Severe Storms and Tornadoes are Here Tonite!!

Old 05-02-2010, 08:26 PM

I'm glad everyone is safe from the storms. We pretty much stayed ahead of them while traveling. Guess we were lucky. Hit a little rain thru Arkansas, but kept the radio on to hear reports and just kept going. Didn't even want to stop for potty break, but did a few times, but just kept listening and if we had to, would have rerouted our travels.
We are now in AL, safe and sound and hugging on some really cute babies.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Banned

I am glad you made it okay Terri, if you did not time it right you would have had one heck of a time on the road. I bet it is nice to be hugging babies!!

All of mine are grown buy not old enough for G-babies yet.... Maybe in a few years after my daughter graduates from collage and has her career headed in the right direction.

Billy
Old 05-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Banned

Oh while I am thinking about it, I went out to see if I could get my daughters Honda running and I tried to hit the key and the motor was locked up. I pulled the plugs and turned it over and water shot out like cannons on a destroyer!!!!

I poured out water from the air filter box, the hose that goes from the air filter to the throttle body, shot water out of the cylinders and I jacked the front up as high as the jack stands could go and when I turned it over water was being shot out of the exhaust!

It would almost fire off but I have to replace the plugs and the air filter before I try it again. I imagine the O2 sensor was fairly wet and was confusing the computer into thinking lord knows what. So after the thing drains the water out of the exhaust and the parts put in it should be okay.

But all in all I guess I got a little over 4 or 5 gallons of water out of her motor. And I told my wife that the motor was still in great condition because there was no water in the oil it was all on top of the pistons. So I know the rings are still good and it hasn't lost any compression!!

My daughter has been really worried about hurting her car and I told her that she did not do anything wrong and not to worry about it.

Billy
Old 05-02-2010, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Just read about all of this, I hope you are all safe and sound. We too have had the worst rain ever here in Spain for they reckon 76 years. The Lake here called Lake Vinuela was only a 1/3rd full for nearly 18 months now its full and over flowing, now has enough for 3 years they reckon.

My heart goes out to all of you hope you are all safe and sound.

Elle in spain.
The rain seems to be hitting everywhere. I hope you don't live near the flooding over there. Carrie
No I didnīt get any damage thank goodness, but a lot of people here are having to restructure their pools because they cracked and started to move. We have a friend at sewing club who had to get out of her house when the mountain started to move and boulders started to hurtle down, the local Guardia told all three houses up there to get out. The local village streets just turned into rivers. Its all over now though and I wish I could send you some of our sunshine its now in the 26C mark. Sending good thoughts and hoping your all safe

Elle
Old 05-02-2010, 10:46 PM

I am so thankful that you all are ok. I have been watching the weather channel via internet and our local news. Is there anything that those of us out west can do to help? Please let us know!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:29 AM

I'm so glad you are all ok. It has been a long storm and I'm sure you are all exhausted.

Hopefully clean up won't be that bad and you didn't have too much damage.

Thank you for keeping us posted.

The old saying "It you don't know about it, it doesn't hurt you!" I am a worrier and my nerves were rattled worring about my new friends on this post!

Keep up your spirits! My prayers are still with all of you, for a speedy recovery. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the spring, if you can find the ground!
:) :) :)
Old 05-03-2010, 02:40 AM

Hope evey one is safe. Prayers are going out.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:29 AM

has anyone heard from SandPat she is over near Jackson--I hope she is okay
Old 05-03-2010, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

Sandpat was posting here a few minutes ago :D:D:D
Old 05-03-2010, 06:52 AM

Thanks gald to know she is okay