Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Shadow: Chief Quilt Piecing Inspector >

Shadow: Chief Quilt Piecing Inspector

Shadow: Chief Quilt Piecing Inspector

Old 08-21-2014, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Doggramma View Post
He's so pretty. I like the 2nd photo - he's taking his inspector job very seriously!
so do I. He looks like a lot is going on in his mind witty I would beleive but he just can't say it in a way we can understand... brilliant
Old 08-21-2014, 04:36 AM

My sweet kitty, Scout, looks to be a twin of your Shadow. Scout loves to help me cut, piece and just generally be in the way when I am quilting. But she is nice about it! Sorry your dear terrorist has had a change of attitude. Scout always jumps to my chair the moment I rise to iron, get a drink of water or place some thing on my wall. I can see the sparkle in her eyes and I just remover her only to then find her on my cutting mat. That is my greatest fear. She loves to be in the action when I am cutting. She jumps up, I put her down, I cut, she jumps up and repeat. Tee-Hee! I get lots of bending at the waist exercise with this pussy cat. I also have to cover my work for fold it over the machine so she will not spread a layer of fine gray fur on everything.

One of Scout's more charming moments happen when I am hand sewing the binding or hand quilting. I settle into my favorite chair with quilt spread over my lap and I am working away and then the quilt moves. Scout cat has taken refuge under the quilt "tent". She does her kitty round and round then nestles in laying her feet or bum just a tiny bit on the edge with just enough weight that it is hard to turn the quilt. I am sure she is quite aware of her little tricks. But we laugh a lot together and have established that I am in charge but I will take her need to be involved with quilting into consideration. She is a dear companion.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 08-21-2014 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:55 AM

He sure is inspecting those seams. So glad he is your cat. I could not tolerate that scrutiny.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:13 AM

My cats have told me that they do things their way. Being neutered is another of those things.

A female shorthair started to lick all the fur off herself. We thought she was going to naked! The vet said he'd seen such behavior and prescribed human birth control pills. To the human pharmacy with the scrip. The pharmacist looked at me and told me he didn't think they were going to do the job for me! I asked him to look at the heading on the scrip. We both had a good laugh. And Tinker quit itching and so quit licking herself bald.

I guess the trick with cats is to just patiently keep at the problem until it's solved. Can't do without them, though.

Take it gently, P
Old 08-21-2014, 05:54 AM

What a lovely quilt inspector you have!!

Mine are banned from the sewing room. My primary quilt inspector would try to "catch" the moving needle as I sewed!!! No, we can't have that, I don't want to end up with cat blood on my quilt! (Or dealing with the guilt of allowing him to be injured!) I have a baby gate that keeps him out, but I put an empty tote right outside the gate for him to sit in, and I sprinkle catnip in there and he goes berserk rolling around in it and then crashes and takes a nice peaceful nap while I sew. Everybody is happy.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

My neighbor has a cat and it gets everywhere. Anytime she sends something out she has to wash and ship right away. She sent a quilt to a dear aunt who has asthma and severe allergies to cat and dog dander. Her aunt nearly died when she opened the package. There was enough cat hair/dander that was still in the quilt that nearly cost her her life.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:16 AM

He is a very handsome Dude.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:51 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Pretty "quilt inspector" I have one of those "terrorist cats I am fostering till October (but I just call him psycho !LOL). Lately when I go into the sewing room he will be on a tub in a dark corner and sees me then goes right back to sleep. I think its because the machine attacked his foot when he tried to get it while I was sewing (no cat was harmed in the attack.. Just his pride). :-)
Old 08-21-2014, 08:08 AM

You took his favorite activity away from him, so now, he is going to make you pay by wanting constant attention to him only.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:50 AM

He's a lovely boy. Does he have a feline companion? They seem to do better if there at least two cats in the household. He is probably bored and full of curiosity and energy he could spend chasing his kitty buddy around the house if he had one.