Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Share your pretty lights for all to see......

Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    About 7 years ago we had worn out our little 30" pre-lit tree. So as I'm getting ready to set it on the curb, a woman pulls up and her little boy asks if we're throwing out the tree. DH was right behind me with a card table and box of some old Christmas ornaments. I said yes and did they want it. They did. DH had put some batteries, unbeknownst to me, into the box. Couple days later, we got a Christmas card with a note inside describing how we made a difference in their Christmas. We have a 6" tree in the curio cabinet with a nativity set of lead glass. That sets there all the time. So we're pretty much always "up" for Christmas. Dh's favorite thing to do now is to find pre-lit trees (dollar stores) and he'll stick a few dollars in the box and give to homeless on corners and his co-workers. He only asks that they pay it forward.
    Wonderful story! Thank you for sharing.

For the last couple of years we have put our real tree outside on the back patio. I can see it from my sewing room. It is in the area of the bird feeders and the birds love the tree. We keep it up till spring.Name:  tree 12-8-13 015.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  155.3 KBWe have several artificial trees that stay decorated. I store them in a closet. Easy to bring out and put away.Name:  DSCN1305.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  123.5 KBA santa ornament tree and a prim.tree with hand made ornaments.Name:  DSCN1333.JPG
Views: 112
Size:  122.4 KBCorn husk dolls,hand dipped bees wax candles,cinnamon ornaments, etc. Love Christmas. j

Blog Entries
    Judith Ann, what pretty trees you have. Thank you for posting. Your tree covered in snow is gorgeous. How special.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Pretty trees I love the blue judith and judithann your snow tree is awesome that would make me smile too. .
    I have all 4 of mine put in place but only got one of them decorated yesterday it's my favorite one. I have it in my kitchen dinning area and it's decorated with kitcheny stuff several pieces are vintage and antique
    Attached Images Attached Images

Billi
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood

Blog Entries
    Billi, I love the cute ornaments on your kitchen tree. I would have a hard time taking it down each year.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Judith1005 View Post
    Billi, I love the cute ornaments on your kitchen tree. I would have a hard time taking it down each year.
    This is my favorite tree it's the first one up and the last one down evey year. The big family tree got decorated yesterday I still need to get my outdoor and bathroom trees up done.......and my village I need to get my village out.
    Billi

Blog Entries
    billi, love your tress and your backsplash is awesome too
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

We quit doing trees several years ago. Hubby is a truck driver and all the kids are grown & gone. We don't have people over but we do have 2 inside cats. I don't want to have a tree up to tease the cats all day and don't enjoy just looking at it by myself so we gave most everything away.

I did decorate my office at work --- way over the top for every holiday- but decided 20 totes of various holiday decorations in the garage was a bit excessive, especially when one of the boxes tumbled down and I had to clean up the mess. I got mad and decided to give everything to my DIL as she decorates for the grand daughters and this would save her a ton of money. Rule was, what you take can not come back here, sell it or give it away.

This will be the first undecorated Christmas at the office and I'm waiting for comments to start rolling in. But no one else helped put up or clean up so tough pattooties to them.

We (me and hubby) celebrate every day -- we don't need a special "date" or "reason" to cherish what has been bestowed upon us. Works for us and that's my story and I'm sticking with it
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

Thanks lynnie
    This is the family tree my oldest daughter and her boyfriend helping and all lit up

Billi

Quote Originally Posted by misspriss View Post
    We don't put a tree up until after the 18th of December because we didn't want to combine Christmas with our granddaughters God given day. She is a grown woman now and mother of two great guys and the tradition still goes. No tree till after the birthday.

With both my kids born in Dec. ( uhggg, right) we did Christmas in the house, except for kitchen and dining room. They were decorated for birthday on each birthday.

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Billi, I love the picture of your daughter on her love's shoulders -- what a perfect way to top the tree! It's beautiful all lit up, too!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Great Christmas tree pictures! Mine is bare on the bottom......all of the ornaments have to be put out of my toddler's reach....they tend to cluster in the middle of the tree. lol I don't mind. I think its kind of funny.

I love seeing and reading about the decorations every body displays. It's all wonderful. . Usually I put out a huge Christmas village I just didn't have it in me this year. This tree is in my guest bathroom and is mostly vintage ornaments. The pearls are new this year the thread on my vintage set broke :-(

Billi

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    That has got to be the cutest machine cover I've ever seen! Was there a pattern, or are you just so creative!??

Thank you! I bought the downloadable pattern from the Etsy shop RainbowHare. Wish that I had thought of this myself! I am not a designer nor do I play one on TV.

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2