Shipshewana, IN

Old 09-22-2015, 06:49 PM

Don't forget to go to Lollys! They have a huge selection of fabric on two floors! The basement is all fabric on sale, with a great selection, and they have a boat filled with fat quarters at a discount. If you're into scrap booking there's a good store in the same building for that. Essen House ( sp?) has delicious food. The quilt gardens are beautiful this time of year too.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:42 AM

We are going Oct. 30th. Thanks for the Zincks location info. I have been to the one in Berlin, OH and even my mom loved it. She spent a lot of time going thru the bin of buttons. I found a sale fabric that I had to have for less than $2 per yard and wish I had bought the other bolt of it for a quilt back.

Check out the row by row map for Indiana to find more fabric stores in Northern IN. There are a lot more than I even knew existed.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:22 PM

Although I have lived in NJ for over 40 years, most of my family still lives in northeastern Indiana. Most visits to see them include a trip to Shipshewana for two reasons. 1) Lolly's Fabric Store and 2) Blue Gate Restaurant. Those are the musts for me.
Old 09-23-2015, 04:35 PM

I go to Shipshewana a couple of times a year. Lolly's, Yoders and Blue Gate are on my must do list.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:36 PM

Definitely stop at Kukui's Shave Ice!! http://kukuis.com No, it is NOT a snow-cone!! You'll only need a small one, trust me. They're AWESOME. Choose up to 3 flavors. My favorite: Pineapple, Mango and Coconut. The owner, Cindy, is so dang nice. Man, I miss Shipshewana. Yoder's and Lolly's, of course. And about 5 miles down the road is Das Essenhaus. GREAT food and shopping there, too.