Shoes-sore legs

Old 07-17-2010, 09:49 AM
JJs
Banned

there are diabetic crocs (Cloud RX) and crocs for plantar faciitis (ReliefRX)The RX doesn't mean you need a prescription to get them, it just means they are made for comfort..
Article from WebMD: http://diabetes.webmd.com/features/c...oes-just-comfy

I prefer the ReliefRX ones even tho I am diabetic - I also have problems with plantar faciitis - never walk barefoot -
I do have New Balance and Avia shoes also..
Old 07-17-2010, 11:38 AM

SAS shoes are really good. They are pricey (approx. $80) but they are worth every penny. When your feet hurt, you hurt all over.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM
SAS shoes are really good. They are pricey (approx. $80) but they are worth every penny. When your feet hurt, you hurt all over.
I vote SAS all the way, too! They are the best shoes I've ever owned.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:45 PM

How dressy do you have to be? I guess you shoe choices depend on how what "look" you need to achieve. Do you have a dress code for work? I don't have a dress code per se but safety regulations I have to follow so in a lab I wear very good athletic shoes and hiking boots in the field. I am prohibited from having anything with a heel, open-toe or heel, etc. My mother and sister on the other hand dress in the opposite direction (very fashionista).

My advice is to TRY SHOES ON and find ones that work for you. No one will have the same foot needs. Never buy over the internet unless they are exact replacements for something you are already wearing. It is amazing how sizes and widths vary with different brands. Nothing is more miserable than an ill-fitting shoe. I've had "cheap" shoes that have felt great and expensive ones feel really bad. I would rather buy a good shoe in a neutral color and pay a little more than a cheap bad shoe that matches my outfit.

You might look for Easy Spirits. They have some nicer looking shoes that are comfortable (I just wish they still carried everything in narrow). There are some really good inserts for shoes as well.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:50 PM

Try running or walking shoes. New Balance, Nike, Asics Saucony, there are severl good brands. My friend wears Crocos with socks. Her poditris told her they are good for diabetic, but have to wear socks.
I am not the best speller.
Old 07-17-2010, 01:24 PM

The key to any shoe is to get the proper size. Many people squeeze their feet into too narrow a shoe and that will cause problems. While standing firmly balanced on both feet have someone trace around your foot. Now cut that tracing out and place in your shoe. If it is wrinkling or scrunched up then your shes are too narrow.Also make sure the toe box is adequate for room for your toes. If you have to"break" in your new shoes, your probably didn't buy the right size. The support your shoes give you only lasts 250 miles. If you find your legs are getting tired at then end of the day then your shoes may look brand new but they are in fact wore out. I average 8 miles a day in my job and I wear Crocs Professionals. I buy a new pair every 3 months and that is not often enough!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 03:31 PM

I wear a AAA shoe. Anything wider slips right off. I don't understand. Why would you want to trace your foot? We've had to make casts of my daughter's feet for custom made pointe shoes.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

I love my Skechers. I wear them all the time now. Had a dr. appointment yesterday and he said my legs were doing great.
Good pantyhose helps to.
Old 07-17-2010, 05:47 PM

Crocs were the only shoes I could wear before I had foot surgery. My podiatrist and the surgeon both said they were fine to wear. I always wear socks with mine, and I wear the original Croc brand.