Skin Cancer

Old 09-22-2011, 07:16 PM

Oh, yall have me concerned now! I have these 2 places on my back that scale and are raised. They itch sometimes and I can scratch part of them off and it's like a brownish flaking. Sounds lovely, doesn't it??

Anyway, I asked my internal med doctor and he said it was schriasis (sp); asked my rheumatologist and he said they were age spots (I'm 61). I have a few age spots on my hands which fade when I not in the sun and they don't feel the same at all. I've found only 1 that feels raised and only 1/2 of it is raised but it's not scaly and doesn't itch. Oh, I did find one on my upper thigh that felt scaly and itched but now it is the 1/2 raised and non scaly.

I'm allergic to lots of things so I tend to not treat spots or rashes as too serious unless they are painful. I can't see the spots on my back because of where they are but I can feel them.

I guess I need to see a dermatologist instead but surely my internal med doctor would know, ya think???????
Old 09-22-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Phannie1
Monday, I go get a basil cell carcinoma removed from my eye lid. I went to the doctor about two spots on my back and the doctor did not like what she saw on my eye lid. I just thought it was a skin tag and did not think anything about the spot. Well, it was the one spot that came back a cancer. What I have found out about the basil cell carcinoma is that it likes the eye lids. So, folks, please, take a second look at your eye lids for strange spots.
Right!!! Back in l980 while cutting my husband's hair I noticed the strange coloring and texture; turned out to be a melanoma. Just two weeks later which was the time they diagnosed and removed it (they gave him 6 months to live before it reached his brain!!) Do not take any of these things with a grain of salt. You never know!! Hubby is fine today.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:35 PM

I hope all goes well with you...and thanks for the timely reminder for us all!!
Kif
Old 09-23-2011, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Nanamoms
Oh, yall have me concerned now! I have these 2 places on my back that scale and are raised. They itch sometimes and I can scratch part of them off and it's like a brownish flaking. Sounds lovely, doesn't it??

Anyway, I asked my internal med doctor and he said it was schriasis (sp); asked my rheumatologist and he said they were age spots (I'm 61). I have a few age spots on my hands which fade when I not in the sun and they don't feel the same at all. I've found only 1 that feels raised and only 1/2 of it is raised but it's not scaly and doesn't itch. Oh, I did find one on my upper thigh that felt scaly and itched but now it is the 1/2 raised and non scaly.

I'm allergic to lots of things so I tend to not treat spots or rashes as too serious unless they are painful. I can't see the spots on my back because of where they are but I can feel them.

I guess I need to see a dermatologist instead but surely my internal med doctor would know, ya think???????
My Inter-Doctor who is the one to send me for the spots on my back that sounds like yours on your back. They turned out to be nothing but I would see a dermaologist to be safe. They specialized in skin diseases. :|
Old 09-23-2011, 09:53 AM

Thank you for sharing your information! Hopefully you are able to qet it all removed and be free and clear of any signs of cancer going forth. God Bless!