skin tags

Old 09-26-2011, 10:09 PM

I have bazillions of these ugly things. And in horrible places that I can't reach. I recently learned that they go along with diabetes. When I was in my 30s my Dr said people who have so many in their thirties will have heart problems later in life...Yep...she was right!

I have tried several remedies. Just cut off with scissors, used the freeze off stuff for warts and burned them off by putting the head of a pin in a candle flame and then holding to the skin tag. Burns it off but hurts. I prefer just using the scissors.

Sometimes I think there must be a "mother" tag that produces all the little ones. I hate them. They are so embarrassing.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:44 PM

Next time you go to the doctor, tell them in advance you'd like something done with them. I had a great Physician's Assistant years ago and after seeing mine for many years doing the yearly exam, he asked if we could get rid of some of them under my arm. I said that would be wonderful. Some of mine would get cut when shaving. Insurance covers a certain number of removals per year. Inform your doctor you'd like some removed. It's easy for him to say 'Don't worry about them,' they're not on his body!