skin tags

Old 09-08-2011, 02:54 PM

I had one frozen off
Old 09-08-2011, 03:02 PM

From my own and my DH's experience, they can also be a tell tail sign of some disease. Many years ago DH noticed that he started having a lot of skin tags on his under arms and the front of his body, but after after having a cancerous kidney removed, one day months later he noticed that all the tags were gone. Then I started noticing that I had a lot of them on my under arms and chest, they disappeared after my mastectomy.
I've only spoken to 3 or 4 others who had the same thing happen, which is a small amount of people.

I have spoken to 2 folks who had a lot of them but they went away after they changed their life styles, started being careful of foods eaten and took a lot of coral calcium from Okinawa and quitting smoking.

But I think on the average these are perhaps signs of artificial foods we eat and possibly lack of real vitamins and minerals.

I'm interested in this and will continue to watch it.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:05 PM

Never knew what those things were called, I just thought it was connected to aging. Learn something new here every day.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:21 PM

I usually just pull my off when they are very little. I don't think the thread thing hurts, you wrap the thread around it and it you can just leave it like that for a couple days, it will just drop off. Of course you can't do that if it's on your face.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:23 PM

If they bother you, have them removed. I work for a doctor and we have an instrument that just burns them off at the base and then we cauterize it to stop the bleeding. Just a little numbing injection first, and then you don't feel a thing. It really is a very simple procedure. Get R Done!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:24 PM

Many doctors don't want to fool with them because insurance reimbursement is very low and too much effort for the return. If it isn't cancer forget it. They don't want to do it. I think a dermatologist would, but regular dr. - no.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:42 PM

Use "New Skin." Dr. told me about it. Have to apply several times but they eventually (1-2 weeks) fall off. Painless, too.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by 1rottendog
Use "New Skin." Dr. told me about it. Have to apply several times but they eventually (1-2 weeks) fall off. Painless, too.
I tried the clear fingernail polish for about 5 days then switched to "new skin" for two or three more days. I did it morning and night. Maybe I needed to do it a little longer. Did you try it and what were the results>
Old 09-08-2011, 03:50 PM

go to a derm dr. he can let you know what s/b done. i hope you have med ins and mention when you call the office and maybe they can do it same day. normally if it bothers you w/ clothing i would want to get it done. good luck. i'll be wishing you luck and watching. my dh has to go every 6 mos for pesty skin cancer and they just freeze them off his face he gets it most. he said it stings a little but not to bad. sue
Old 09-08-2011, 04:03 PM

I've tied them off when my husband had them. They turn black and fall off. No pain involved. He thinks I'm a witch doctor. lol.