Sleep Number Beds

Old 07-27-2014, 11:26 PM

I have a sleep Number Bed . Had it about 9 years. I do like it even tho after two years the motor I guess it called air pump went out and cost me $269.00 plus shipping. I thought that was a bummer. I have had six back surgerys and have severe arthiritis and a lot of joint pain. I just don't think it is worth the money. I could have bought three set for what I paid for this. I have a memory foam pad on top of it now.But it cost so much money I don't think I can afford to buy a new one now. That my two cents worth.
Old 08-25-2014, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by eimay View Post
We need to replace our current mattress and are considering either a sleep number or temperapedic mattress. Do any of you have these and what is your experience with them? It's a pricey purchase, so it's important to have a point of reference. Thanks.
We have a snb and are very happy with it. Hubby likes his side harder than I do. Has been very helpful for back issues for both of us. FYI-as you check out mattresses, be aware that some of them are made out of latex and if you are allergic to latex like I am, you want to avoid that brand or model. SNB is not latex so works for me.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:00 PM

Love ours!!!!
Old 08-25-2014, 05:09 PM

Our next bed (hopefully soon) will definitely be a sleep number. I bought my mother one which is in our guest room, but it's only a double, so hubby and I can't use it. When I bought it, my mother was aghast that I would spend so much on her at 80 years old. She slept on it one night and called to let me know that for the first time in years, she woke up without pain. She was thrilled and so was I. It was worth every penny for the 3 years of restful and painless sleep she was able to get out of it. Good luck with your decision!