Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sleep Number Beds

Next bed I purchase will be a Temperpedic. Two sisters and one brother have them and love them. All of them have either back problems or arthritis. They wouldn't have any other mattress. My BF in TX has one also and loves it as well. My BF also bought one of those KS memory foam type mattresses from Overstock.com for her guest room for around $300. We stay with her for several weeks at a time and sleep on that mattress, it feels like a Temperpedic. I sleep like a rock on it.

We have had our sleep number for about 15 years...LOVE it! I work at a local Ronald McDonald House and they have tempurpedic beds...Many of the guests complain they are hard and bother their backs..just fuel for thought.

You don't really have to choose between the temperapedic and sleep number as sleep number has a model with the same foam topping. That is the one we got and it is very comfortable. They do give you a 100 day period totry it and I think the guarantee is 25 years. Just be sure to lie on each one long enough and adjust the number in the store several times before deciding. For me the best part was sleeping through the night.

Blog Entries
    I've had back surgery 6 times, I'm glad I seen this posting. We bought a bed from JC Penny's just by filling out the questionnaire and the mattress was great. We also have an RV, hubby bought a tempur pedic mattress topper for the bed we sleep in, it hurt my back so he bought another to put on top of the 1st one. It's better but not great. so after reading these responses I might look into a sleep number mattress for our RV. Not sure if they make them or not but it's worth a try. I'm still amazed that I could fill out a questionnaire from Penny's and get a comfortable bed!

we have had a SNB for several years now and couldn't be happier. My husband is 6'3" 280lbs and he likes a firm mattress. I am 5'4", 180 lb with arthritis issues and need a softer bed. it has been great to be able to adjust the firmness as I need it.

Blog Entries
    I have a sleep Number Bed . Had it about 9 years. I do like it even tho after two years the motor I guess it called air pump went out and cost me $269.00 plus shipping. I thought that was a bummer. I have had six back surgerys and have severe arthiritis and a lot of joint pain. I just don't think it is worth the money. I could have bought three set for what I paid for this. I have a memory foam pad on top of it now.But it cost so much money I don't think I can afford to buy a new one now. That my two cents worth.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eimay View Post
    We need to replace our current mattress and are considering either a sleep number or temperapedic mattress. Do any of you have these and what is your experience with them? It's a pricey purchase, so it's important to have a point of reference. Thanks.
    We have a snb and are very happy with it. Hubby likes his side harder than I do. Has been very helpful for back issues for both of us. FYI-as you check out mattresses, be aware that some of them are made out of latex and if you are allergic to latex like I am, you want to avoid that brand or model. SNB is not latex so works for me.

Love ours!!!!
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.

Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but chuckle when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Our next bed (hopefully soon) will definitely be a sleep number. I bought my mother one which is in our guest room, but it's only a double, so hubby and I can't use it. When I bought it, my mother was aghast that I would spend so much on her at 80 years old. She slept on it one night and called to let me know that for the first time in years, she woke up without pain. She was thrilled and so was I. It was worth every penny for the 3 years of restful and painless sleep she was able to get out of it. Good luck with your decision!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2