Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Small Gifts for nephews

Small Gifts for nephews

What do you make to give young unmarried men for Christmas?

Blog Entries
    Last year I made over-the-arm pencil/remote control holders in denim.

Blog Entries
    for my 24 yo son, I've made him quilts, pillowcases, hot pads, coasters, ricebags (heating pads), a garbage bag for his car. they are tough ones, for sure. I can't wait to see what people come up with.
    no sew fleece blankets, I pad covers. slippers. kitchen towels...
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!
    yes indeed. . .I have a nephew going to college in the fall and he asked me for pillow cases in his school colors. but "nothing too fancy so nobody wants to steal it". well, I'll see what I can do. lol maybe a shaving kit too to take to the shower and keep all the stuff in one place. a fabric "square" box thing to sit on a desk for spare change, his keys etc?
    You never stand taller than when you stoop to help a child.

There is a free pattern on the web for a CD holder to be put over the sun visor in the car. It holds about 10 CD's. I made them one year and they were a great hit!

According to my sons, gift cards and cash are the most valued gifts! They know I love them, but really don't want a quilted thingy to put shower stuff in or a pair of handmade slippers. They would rather be able to shop at Best Buy for electronics, or treat a date to a nice dinner somewhere with a gift card. Perhaps they've grown up with too much homemade stuff to appreciate it! I've always said that if I had made ONE quilt, they would say " Wow! This is the quilt my mom made!" But now, having made so many, a handmade quilt is no longer an novelty and they are wondering what on earth they are going to do with all my quilts when I die!!

Blog Entries
    According to my nephew his brother who is that age wants, money money money money oh and money.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    Hmmm, give them gift certificates to learning sessions on a long arm machine. that way , they will end up being great husbands one day!!

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    Hmmm, give them gift certificates to learning sessions on a long arm machine. that way , they will end up being great husbands one day!!
    Love this idea!

Yep, I think money is the fav gift for young folks ( unfortunately). Girls included.