Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Smart Phones-finally might want one! >

Smart Phones-finally might want one!

Smart Phones-finally might want one!

Old 06-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Power Poster

[quote=cjomomma]
Originally Posted by Melrose V
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have the iPhone which is what I'm on now. I don't know how I ever lived without it. LOL! I don't have those apps but I'm gonna look into them.
Amen! My iPhone is my grocery list, my calendar, my GPS, my birthday list, my Xmas list, my address book, my daily crossword puzzle, my iPod, my translator, my dictionary, my notepad, my EVERYTHING!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:[/quote

So true! I bought a laptop a year and a half ago and I hardly get on since I got my iPhone. Now if I could figure out how to load pictures to the board from my phone then I will never use my laptop.

yes, yes, yes, me too! I love my iPhone! And, yes, if I could upload pictures from it to this board, then it would be perfect!!

(Well, I didn't quote reply correctly, but my comment is just the last sentence. Maybe the iPhone could teach me how to do quote reply correctly?)
Old 06-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Banned

[quote=Stitchnripper]
I have the iPhone which is what I'm on now. I don't know how I ever lived without it. LOL! I don't have those apps but I'm gonna look into them.
Amen! My iPhone is my grocery list, my calendar, my GPS, my birthday list, my Xmas list, my address book, my daily crossword puzzle, my iPod, my translator, my dictionary, my notepad, my EVERYTHING!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:[/quote

So true! I bought a laptop a year and a half ago and I hardly get on since I got my iPhone. Now if I could figure out how to load pictures to the board from my phone then I will never use my laptop.

yes, yes, yes, me too! I love my iPhone! And, yes, if I could upload pictures from it to this board, then it would be perfect!!

(Well, I didn't quote reply correctly, but my comment is just the last sentence. Maybe the iPhone could teach me how to do quote reply correctly?)
just wait till it craps out on you or you lose it...you know the old saying about keeping all of your eggs in one basket....be sure ALL of the files on your smart phones are backed up regularly..and remember in the hands of a stranger, what could they learn about you????
Old 06-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

Yes of course it is backed up. On the computer which is backed up with carbonite. A thief would learn the same things about me if I lost an address book, my wallet, and anything else personal I would carry. I am
careful but not fearful.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:54 PM

i have the thunderbolt and i love it. got my books on it, got apps for everything. there is even an app for the Design Era embrodery software. so you can look at your embroidery patterns on your phone. i dont have that one.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:09 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I love my iphone but have never been able to figure out how to upload pictures from it without using the "big" computer. I have ebay on my iphone and use it to keep up on bids sometimes.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:14 PM

I'm with pocoellie. We have a Trac and it costs $100 a year.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by emmy
I'm with pocoellie. We have a Trac and it costs $100 a year.
If that meets your needs that's great!