Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 47

Thread: So Excited!! I got a Kindle DX!!!!

  1. #1
    Super Member MaryStoaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    3,925
    I have wanted this for over a year and was finally able to buy my KindleDX. It came yesterday and I've already read my first Kindle book! I am impressed! I can find Kindle books easily, download is almost instant directly to my Kindle, no computer needed to buy or download and I can download from anywhere! This gizmo is easier for me to read and I don't have to hold a book open, just rest it on my lap or wherever is convienent. New books are cheaper for Kindle too, I'm waiting for the new Janet Evanovitch to come out this month. :lol: Don't you just love technology?

    Kindle DX
    Name:  Attachment-82229.jpe
Views: 63
Size:  34.9 KB

  2. #2
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    cool, now you will need to make you a cute cover for it

  3. #3
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    link to make a cover for your kindle

    http://www.chicaandjo.com/2009/09/03...le-cover-case/

  4. #4
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194

  5. #5
    Super Member MaryStoaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    3,925
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    link to make a cover for your kindle

    http://www.chicaandjo.com/2009/09/03...le-cover-case/
    I have been thinking that I need to make a pretty cover! Thanks for the links.

  6. #6
    MNQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    694
    I really want a e reader, although I'm leaning toward aht Nook. It's a bit downt he road though. My problem is that I now only buy books and I REALLY want. For some reason, clothes for the kids outweighs my books! :0D

  7. #7
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    you are very welcome, glad I could find some ideas for your

    please post a picture of your cover when you get it made

    Quote Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    link to make a cover for your kindle

    http://www.chicaandjo.com/2009/09/03...le-cover-case/
    I have been thinking that I need to make a pretty cover! Thanks for the links.

  8. #8
    Pineapple Princess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,187
    That's so cool! I would love to get one. Are there any quilting books available for the kindle?

  9. #9
    Super Member MaryStoaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    3,925
    I haven't checked out the quilting books yet but I'm sure they are there, they seem to have everything. I'm reading cozey mysteries right now.

  10. #10
    Super Member Juliebelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,212
    I have one of those and it is great. I know you will enjoy it so much.

  11. #11
    Luckynumber7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    979
    I don't have one right now, but they sound pretty cool.

  12. #12
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Congratulations :D:D:D I am sure you will get many hours of enjoyment out of it :D:D:D

  13. #13
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    I have the smaller Kindle and I just love mine!! I, too, waited over a year before I invested -- haven't had a moment's regret!! Don't forget the "free" books on Kindle, too. They sometimes have "specials" where you can order a best seller for free! However, do be aware that they also offer a few chapters for free (to get you to buy the book...)

  14. #14
    Super Member MaryStoaks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    La Quinta, CA
    Posts
    3,925
    I know I'm going to have to limit myself to about one "paid for" book a week. It is so liberating to have access to so many more books than our local bookstore and to have them instantly. I hate to shop.

  15. #15
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
    I know I'm going to have to limit myself to about one "paid for" book a week. It is so liberating to have access to so many more books than our local bookstore and to have them instantly. I hate to shop.
    :lol: :lol: Actually I spend LESS now on books than I did before I got my Kindle...there are so many books under $3 ea that you just won't believe it!!

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,657
    I don't have the DX, but the regular Kindle and I LOVE IT. I think it's one of the best things dh has ever bought for me (next to my KitchenAid Mixer :))

    Enjoy your new toy!!!

  17. #17
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    Lucky you..looks neat!

  18. #18
    Super Member DebraK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    9,194
    Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
    I know I'm going to have to limit myself to about one "paid for" book a week. It is so liberating to have access to so many more books than our local bookstore and to have them instantly. I hate to shop.
    :lol: :lol: Actually I spend LESS now on books than I did before I got my Kindle...there are so many books under $3 ea that you just won't believe it!!
    Thanks, that is what I wanted to know.

  19. #19
    Super Member JoanneS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    AZ and CT
    Posts
    4,884
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryStoaks
    I have wanted this for over a year and was finally able to buy my KindleDX. It came yesterday and I've already read my first Kindle book! I am impressed! I can find Kindle books easily, download is almost instant directly to my Kindle, no computer needed to buy or download and I can download from anywhere! This gizmo is easier for me to read and I don't have to hold a book open, just rest it on my lap or wherever is convienent. New books are cheaper for Kindle too, I'm waiting for the new Janet Evanovitch to come out this month. :lol: Don't you just love technology?
    I'm an Evanovitch fan, too. My DH and I like to get them on DVDs for road trips.

  20. #20
    Super Member Alu_Rathbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Under a mountain of school work
    Posts
    1,919
    Blog Entries
    5
    I want one of these! I'm able to get a kindle from my library, but there is a long long long waitlist. Maybe I'll be able to get one by the time school starts.

  21. #21
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    How cool. I want one someday too. I'm so happy for you.

  22. #22
    crawford1219's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Elizabethtown, KY
    Posts
    766
    I have wanted one for a long time too-I read non-stop and it would be a dream to have one-my friend has one and she absolutely loves it. Enjoy your new toy! :)

  23. #23
    reach for the stars 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    ILL.
    Posts
    3,568
    I'm jealous I wanted one. Maybe next time I will break down and get one

  24. #24
    Junior Member katmom54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    So. Maine
    Posts
    185
    I have had one since November, and absolutely love it. I don't spend anywhere near as much as I had expected, since there is so much free stuff - and you can go to other ebook sites too..not just Amazon.... I went on a plane trip right after I got it and there were one or two other passengers that had them...last week almost every other row had a kindle user!...Have fun...

  25. #25
    Super Member sewjoyce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    9,664
    Quote Originally Posted by katmom54
    I have had one since November, and absolutely love it. I don't spend anywhere near as much as I had expected, since there is so much free stuff - and you can go to other ebook sites too..not just Amazon.... I went on a plane trip right after I got it and there were one or two other passengers that had them...last week almost every other row had a kindle user!...Have fun...
    Can you tell me where I can find other ebook sites?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.