Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So Excited!! I got a Kindle DX!!!! >

So Excited!! I got a Kindle DX!!!!

So Excited!! I got a Kindle DX!!!!

Old 08-26-2010, 07:07 AM

I knew nothing of the nook until this web site...I assume is same thing? Waiting on morning mail to see if possibly it has shipped....am getting very impatient. Needing opinion of book Girl with the Dragon Tatoo...have you read? If so, is it good...have heard mixed review...dont want to buy if not good
Old 08-26-2010, 07:46 AM

I have a Kindle as well! I absolutely love mine. I have only bought one book on it so far, The China Study. All the other books I have on it have all been the free ones. I take it every where with me. :)
Old 08-26-2010, 08:35 AM

Havent heard anything " - " about it so far....if I can figure out how to attach a picture will show you my K Kover ...doing a little hand work cause I got the cart b/4 the horse so to speak...prototype so will know better on next one
Old 08-26-2010, 10:58 AM

I wanted one. How do you or others like it? I buy at least 3 books a week and read at least that many or more a week. Then I don't know what to do with the books (I don't like tossing them) I am a speed reader so I can read a lot of books in a week
Old 08-27-2010, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by reach for the stars 2
I wanted one. How do you or others like it? I buy at least 3 books a week and read at least that many or more a week. Then I don't know what to do with the books (I don't like tossing them) I am a speed reader so I can read a lot of books in a week
I have the smaller Kindle and I simply love it!! I, too, am a speed reader and just can't afford to buy all those books I want. At Amazon.com, they have LOTS of freebies and buying a new e-book is less inexpensive than buying a paper book. After you read it, you can "archive" it and bring it back any time you want....Amazon also has lots of .99 books....
Old 08-27-2010, 12:59 PM

I have one too and I love it. So much better for traveling, no more overweight luggage due to so many paperbacks. Love the instant download, never run out of books again and so many are free.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:01 PM

You know, I told my sister when I started that quilters would put a quilt on anything that stood still long enough! She didn't believe me!