Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
So who is working on their gardens? >

So who is working on their gardens?

So who is working on their gardens?

Old 04-02-2012, 03:14 PM

I want so badly to get my garden in. I am having major foot trouble and will have surgery on the 17th. I had hoped to get my garden (only a small one) in before then but I have been hurting so bad I have been stuck in the house, off my feet all week. After surgery I can't walk on it for 4 weeks, then it will be late.....
I have potted a couple of Jalapeno peppers and some Anaheim, One tomato plant is potted and I have several herbs in pots. I hope to be able to plant Roma & Big Beef Tomatoes, all kinds of sweet peppers, more Jalapenos, Anaheim, Tomatillo's Green and purple string beans, Chinese sweet peas, zucchini, yellow squash, Japanese Cucumbers, maybe some sweet white corn. I have Basil, Rosemary, Marjoram, Oregano, Thyme and Tarragon and Cilantro going in pots..
Hope to get some more potted but will have to see. Got a cast on the foot today to help me get by until surgery but I still can't walk hardly at all.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 PM

I have everything done. So now just maintaining it. Tomatoes are out and in 2 weeks the peppers and cucumbers go out. Have a small area. Each year I say I'm not going to do a garden - but always do. Have even mowed 2 times.