Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
soda pop and swelling in legs and feeet >

soda pop and swelling in legs and feeet

soda pop and swelling in legs and feeet

Old 09-27-2010, 09:36 PM
Power Poster

May I ask if they were sugar free or regular?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:52 PM

ok, here's my soda warning and believe me, i struggle with this daily because i LOVE coke and pepsi but......

soda contains calcite, which is a mineral, and calcite is what gives it that lovely fizz. it also leaches the calcium right out of your body, which for us ladies is an issue.

so try your best to cut down, ideally we shouldn't be drinking soda at all but only in my dreams is that ever going to happen.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I was wondering this too

If it contained NutraSweet (aspartame) - some people have some bad reactions to that ingredient.

Hope you are feeling better.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I was wondering this too

If it contained NutraSweet (aspartame) - some people have some bad reactions to that ingredient.

Hope you are feeling better.
NutraSweet can cause hyperactivity in children (that's what happened to my son) and migraines in adults (that's what happened to me.
Old 09-27-2010, 10:37 PM

there was aDR. show on last week or so talking about aspartama and that it is a chemical made sweetner as most are. He said to either cut it out of the diet or eliminate it as they can cause minor to major health problems , even cancer related problems from . That the body and the digestive system is not made to really break down manmade chemicals, which he attribibutes alot of health problems to constant large quantities of people consuming today!! Does that make sense! It did to me any!!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:44 PM

He said that alot of medications given to treat for like blood pressure , which I have high blood pressure can actually cause more problems after prolonged use . To try and change the diet to to lower . He said Drs. today are taught to write prescriptions first to treat rather then to try other natural ways to treat, and the drug companies would go out of business,if they did. Since they want business , unfortunately the drug companies are behind the teachings of what todays doctors learn in medical school!!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:11 PM

I am not sure if your referring to the soda or kool-aid. It does not matter to my body if it is the regular soda or diet it still causes me to retain water in legs and feet. Thus the swelling. Both cause my blood sugar to elevate high, there is only like a few numbers difference so I will say they tie for elevation. I bought the regualr Kool-aid and make it with sugar 1 cup per envelope. I drink 3 to 5 /12 oz cups per day and I have not had my blood sugar elevate enough to find it necessary to take the glucose tablet. I am a coffee drinker. I try to limit my intake,cause I am a coffee aholic. to not more then 2 pots a day. I will only drink 100% columbian. I have tried them all over the years. Coffee is expensive so I go with the brand of columbian that is cheapest .The last were 7.99 a 34oz can and wally brand. Taste good to me. I have not seen my blodpressure elevate from the coffee intake but I do still try to limit my intake, yes milk and sugar.Formaldehyde is used in decaf coffee. That is how they take out the caffeine. How I know is I used to haul coffee loads, and a place in San Francisco was running behind schedule of making and packing the order o load my truck. Since they were short of help that day. I have experience in working a line in food processing and packaging , and I was invited on a tour. Told the manager reminded me of when I worked in some places I named off. Well needless to say he paid me to to help that day so they could get my load proceessed and packaged. I took a nap while they loaded my truck, and away I went. too much editing , again my tylenol pm is starting to work.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:49 AM

Doesn't anybody here drink WATER? Instead of all the chemicals and sugars just drink water. I put a few drops of lime juice in mine to give it just a tad of flavor. Flushes your system, keeps you hydrated, and doesn't add anything bad to your body. Coffee gives me migraine, all those artificial sweeteners give me migraine, and soda is just plain bad for you. Solution: DRINK WATER!!!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Doesn't anybody here drink WATER? Instead of all the chemicals and sugars just drink water. I put a few drops of lime juice in mine to give it just a tad of flavor. Flushes your system, keeps you hydrated, and doesn't add anything bad to your body. Coffee gives me migraine, all those artificial sweeteners give me migraine, and soda is just plain bad for you. Solution: DRINK WATER!!!!!
Unless the water supply has been contaminated - which ours was.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by grann of 6
Unless the water supply has been contaminated - which ours was.
So buy bottled water for an emergency. I have Brita filters and a central filtration system. But I keep a couple gallons for emergency purposes.