Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
soda pop and swelling in legs and feeet >

soda pop and swelling in legs and feeet

soda pop and swelling in legs and feeet

Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by grann of 6
Originally Posted by bearisgray
Originally Posted by grann of 6
Doesn't anybody here drink WATER? Instead of all the chemicals and sugars just drink water. I put a few drops of lime juice in mine to give it just a tad of flavor. Flushes your system, keeps you hydrated, and doesn't add anything bad to your body. Coffee gives me migraine, all those artificial sweeteners give me migraine, and soda is just plain bad for you. Solution: DRINK WATER!!!!!
Unless the water supply has been contaminated - which ours was.
Back to the soda pop causing swelling of legs and feet - how many of us do have reactions to things and weren't able to make the connection?

So buy bottled water for an emergency. I have Brita filters and a central filtration system. But I keep a couple gallons for emergency purposes.
Actually, it is a good idea to have bottled water on hand for emergencies. One never knows when there may be an issue with the water supply.

The wells in our area were contaminated by one of the industries near us. We now have city water - but it sure doesn't taste as good as our original "good" well water.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:56 AM

http://www.sweetpoison.com/about-sweetpoison.html

Check this site out. This could be culprit.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by dglvr
http://www.sweetpoison.com/about-sweetpoison.html

Check this site out. This could be culprit.
My point exactly....If you don't use it you don't have to worry. But you have to read labels. It is certainly easier to buy packaged foods to prepare for your family or eat out at fast food places. But you have to decide which is more important to you, convenience or a healthy lifestyle. My neighbor and I were just talking about this topic this morning. She is into the organic thing and is willing to pay more for organic. I am to a point. But I don't buy any of those packaged side dish things. Just read the labels, it is disgusting. I buy dry pasta in bulk and use my own herbs and flavorings to make them up. Taste much better, and take about the same amount of time to prepare.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:38 AM
Power Poster

It is good that you made the connection between the soda pop and the swelling.

A lot of us don't make those connections and continue to have symptoms/problems.

Thank you for bringing up the topic.

I know these are things to be used in moderation, but I prefer to use real butter and real sugar instead of the alternatives.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:03 AM

I can't do anything with MSG, again because of my allergies. If you read your packages it is in most of the junk you buy.
=================================
Good luck finding processed foods with NO MSG in them. Darn near impossible! Check out the following....makes me want to head for the hills and do a lot of my own gardening. Even now I don't have boxed and/or processed foods in my kitchen, yet even now the GMO foods are all over the place, and scare me a lot.

What Foods Should I Avoid?
The following foods contain MSG or its business end - the free amino acid .... the company representatives argue that they are legally allowed to do this ...
www.msgtruth.org/avoid.htm - Similar
Old 09-28-2010, 10:05 AM

I put a few drops of lime juice in mine to give it just a tad of flavor. Flushes your system, keeps you hydrated, and doesn't add anything bad to your body.
---------------------------------
I have an old, lovely lemon tree in my back yard, with fruit on it most of the year. That juice really makes water and other drinks spring to life!! I use Stevia and a touch of real sugar, the sugar mostly for feeding my Kombucha, which I also drink a lot of.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

What is kombucha?
Old 09-28-2010, 10:30 AM

My favorite liquids to drink are : Water, Raw Milk, and Green Tea. Water with a twist of lemon or lime is really refreshing. I use Xylitol or Stevia to sweeten drinks instead of other types of sugar. Oops, i forgot to also add that raw honey is also good... in moderation.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
What is kombucha?
Did a search on internet on kobucha. Here is a link for just an example . I was curious too! http://www.synergydrinks.com/home.aspx other sites refer to it as tea.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:54 PM

I understand about the soda. If I allow myself some, it is only about once a week.
I never drink anything 'diet' as it is not diet.
Never ingest aspartame as it is so addicting and leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
Spoke wih a dentist recently after one of his kids asked if they could have a Mtn. Dew. His wife and he decided they could divide a can btwn the four kids as long as they brushed their teeth as soon as they got back to the hotel. He stated that in dental school they were seeing more and more people with rotting teeth at younger and younger ages and the cause was Mtn. Dew, the worst soda you could drink.
My DS is a trucker and drank Mtn. Dew like it was water for several years. Guess what? He has had four rotting teeth pulled in the last 8 months and has three more to go. He is only 33. He quit drinking Dew about 8 months ago, had bad headaches while the Dew left his body, and wishes he had never started drinking it. Something to think about.