Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Some things you just have to laugh at....afterward you calm down. >

Some things you just have to laugh at....afterward you calm down.

Some things you just have to laugh at....afterward you calm down.

Old 05-21-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Pam
The life of a modern American Mother! Well there you go! Apparenty NO ONE who has testicles in this house can figure out how to put the bath mat back where they found it, draped over the edge of the tub, or close a shower curtain.
Or change the toilet roll or find the hamper. Don't get me started on their poor "aim"!!
Old 05-21-2010, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by CRicart
Originally Posted by Pam
The life of a modern American Mother! Well there you go! Apparenty NO ONE who has testicles in this house can figure out how to put the bath mat back where they found it, draped over the edge of the tub, or close a shower curtain.
Or change the toilet roll or find the hamper. Don't get me started on their poor "aim"!!
Our first year of married "Bliss" was a learning experience for dear hubs. I'm the eldest of 8 siblings, hubs is the baby of family. I came from a big family where everyone has their share to hold up, clothes in the hamper, dishes to the sink, clean clothes are hung up, etc. By the way we both were working at the time we married.

Week 1 of married life, my dirty clothes are in the hamper, dirty dishes in the sink, but hubs isn't pulling his share. ??? Lets see how far this lack-ness is going to go.
Beginning of week 3. Hubs: Where are my clean clothes? how come we don't have as many dishes? So I set him down: There is the clothes hamper, the sink is for dirty dishes. I don't pick up for anybody. We will share all duties. He comes back with that he works all day. Eeeew, he left himself wide open. I reminded him I work all day too and I'll never be a June Cleaver. When we had our son, hubs had to take his share of middle of the night changing and feeding the baby. I was still working then too. Now 38 years has passed, Hubs came a long way and so did yours-truly. Clothes are in the hamper, we both fold our clean clothes and put them away and we take turns loading the dishwasher. We got a problem we talk it out without shouting or whining about it. We might have had a few pot-holes and speed bumps in our journey together but we learned to work together. Yes, and we sure have our share of funny stories too. Debs, I just love the mayo burglar story.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:33 PM

MIL and FIL lived on a farm. MIL put the pressure cooker on to cook lunch, took the morning tea down to the paddock, came back just as it blew its safety valve. Lunch was all over the ceiling and dripping onto the floor. Menu was revised, and the mess cleaned up. Years later the marks were still on the ceiling.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:09 AM

Cram your face into a pillow and scream a few times!!
When you stop laughing you'll feel a lot better.
Old 05-22-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by adrianlee
Originally Posted by CRicart
Originally Posted by Pam
Our first year of married "Bliss" was a learning experience for dear hubs. I'm the eldest of 8 siblings, hubs is the baby of family. I came from a big family where everyone has their share to hold up, clothes in the hamper, dishes to the sink, clean clothes are hung up, etc. By the way we both were working at the time we married.

Week 1 of married life, my dirty clothes are in the hamper, dirty dishes in the sink, but hubs isn't pulling his share. ??? Lets see how far this lack-ness is going to go.
Beginning of week 3. Hubs: Where are my clean clothes? how come we don't have as many dishes? So I set him down: There is the clothes hamper, the sink is for dirty dishes. I don't pick up for anybody. We will share all duties. He comes back with that he works all day. Eeeew, he left himself wide open. I reminded him I work all day too and I'll never be a June Cleaver. When we had our son, hubs had to take his share of middle of the night changing and feeding the baby. I was still working then too. Now 38 years has passed, Hubs came a long way and so did yours-truly. Clothes are in the hamper, we both fold our clean clothes and put them away and we take turns loading the dishwasher. We got a problem we talk it out without shouting or whining about it. We might have had a few pot-holes and speed bumps in our journey together but we learned to work together. Yes, and we sure have our share of funny stories too. Debs, I just love the mayo burglar story.
The 1st year we were married, I got the flu & he really didn't know how to take care of me. It still bothers me after 35 years. But hey revenge is sweeet. After 3 kids & 5 gks, he has got his share of barf, poop & the like. He is finally trained. A few months ago he was real sick & was on the throne & he passed out & stated throwing up. Good thing I was there cause I grabbed his head & made him bend over & saved him from all that back in his face. So now I'm his hereo. He does take good aim but them boys don't. Every morning have to mop around & clean after they all leave for school. DS if mama didn't stay on him all the time I don't know what he would do.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:37 PM

The builder of my house put in a sump pump in the basement to pump out the washing machine water because the basement is deeper than usual and sits below the sewer line and the waste water has to be pumped up. Anyway, someone (since I do not live alone) washed a load of clothing, and the pump float got stuck and I had wash and rinse water all over the floor. Three boxes of quilting and knitting pattern books were on the floor and an enormous amount of fabric being sorted for two quilts were on the floor too. Am still sick, it has been four days and am Still Not Done cleaning out this mess because I went back to work and cannot seem to get it together.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:38 PM

Sorry about making such a poor pitiful me whine.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Geertje3
The builder of my house put in a sump pump in the basement to pump out the washing machine water because the basement is deeper than usual and sits below the sewer line and the waste water has to be pumped up. Anyway, someone (since I do not live alone) washed a load of clothing, and the pump float got stuck and I had wash and rinse water all over the floor. Three boxes of quilting and knitting pattern books were on the floor and an enormous amount of fabric being sorted for two quilts were on the floor too. Am still sick, it has been four days and am Still Not Done cleaning out this mess because I went back to work and cannot seem to get it together.
Yuck. Hope you are able to selvage most of it.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:59 AM
Banned

I am so sorry for laughing at your situation, I know nut funny to you but I am roflmbo. because that is just so a part of life, and it seems to always happen in threes, so please continue. God bless. Penny
Old 05-24-2010, 12:48 PM

Oh, wow, all in one day!

It did remind me of the time a few years ago when I splattered choc frosting all over my counter, cabinets, stove top, refrigerator door and floor. I had read that canned frosting spread better and had more volume if it was beaten first. yup, stuck one beater in the can and can't remember how or why, but it shot out with choc frosting spraying everywhere. I was not amused at the time, it was a slick greasy mess, altho it did smell good.

now I can laugh.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA