Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Someone asked about the dogs.... >

Someone asked about the dogs....

Someone asked about the dogs....

Old 06-06-2009, 05:47 AM

Karla...if she's wanting bologna, then that's what she wants.
Just give it to her, I say!
Does she like mustard or mayo with it? lol

Yes, give her all the lovin she wants...give her some for me too! :)
Old 06-06-2009, 07:52 AM

Okay, Terri--so that's the horses, the students, and now the dog I have to love on extra to say it's from you? :wink: :D

I bought 4 lbs of bologna and a lot of chicken legs. The legs are boiling now....
Old 06-06-2009, 07:59 AM
Power Poster

My mil always bought liver pudding for her dog, when he wouldn't eat!

Now that we are having to take care of her pets, DH still buys it for them. He used to say his mom was silly for doing it, now tht she is gone, he does the same thing! :D

I have seen my DH cry 5 times in our marriage, 2 of those times were when we lost our Great Danes!

Hope she does as well as she can.

Ninnie
Old 06-06-2009, 08:00 AM

Don't forget Snickers too! :) :)
Old 06-06-2009, 08:25 AM

Karla, you might want to try mixing some cooked rice with bologna and chicken. When my one dog was really sick and didn't eat the vet say to try this it worked and I guess the rice is easy on their stomachs. I don't know if it will work in your dogs case, but worth a try. They sure become a part of our lives. Hug her a few times for me too. I sure hope things take a turn for the better.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:33 PM

Okay, Terri, Sinckers too. :roll:

Suzy loved the chicken!! :D :D :D :D She wasn't acting interested at first, so I put it in my hand and held it close to her nose--and she ate it! So--she ate her dinner from my hand-one piece at a time. I didn't give her too much. I think her tummy is shrunk because she never eats too much at a time. So, I'll take it slow--small frequent meals.
Old 06-06-2009, 06:49 PM

LOL
I can't play favorites! Ok, yes I can......lol

I'm glad Suzy liked the chicken. She's just loving the attention she's getting from Mom :) :)
Old 07-05-2009, 02:06 PM

In Guidepost magazine last year, the editor had an older dog and had to cook a mixture of rice, vegetables and I think chicken. You could check it out on guideposts.com. Hope it helps.
Debby
Old 07-05-2009, 02:40 PM

I'm so sorry to hear. My heart goes out to you and the "puppies." I hope the chicken helps out and she perks up more.

My Dodger, about 10 yrs. old beagle/basset mix, had to be put to sleep two years ago and I just couldn't deal. The last two weeks of his life we had to feed him a cup of boiled hamburger mixed with boiled rice, as it has been suggested. A year and a half previous, our Prince, a beagle/dobie mix, about 9 had to be put down too. His last days he would only eat chicken breasts that I'd cook and cut up for him. The day he wouldn't eat it was the day we took him in. Still recovering from both of those.

We now have a 2 yr. old beagle mix (yep, it's got to be a beagle mix) that we got 2 months after Dodger. He's healthy, adorable and gives me such comfort. Tho' I know, if (not exactly if, but when) anything were to happen to him it won't be good for me.
Old 07-05-2009, 02:56 PM

Karla I just read this thread and I hope all is well now, but if not one trick that gets my baby eating when he isn't well is canned tuna! go figure. yes he is a dog lol a golden lab/bordercollie. Gice her a tummy tickle from me please and I'll send you a big hug for yourself because there is nothing worse than when our kids and pets ( one and hte same really lol) are hurting
Jacqui