SOOO TIRED, so sad

Old 06-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

It broke my heart when I read your post. Here they go again, but a least you get to keep part of your department. Ours is gone. Here is a big ((((((((((hug)))))))))).
Old 06-24-2010, 07:52 AM

I must be in an area that has different thoughts....my WM has a very nice - though it is not a huge area - fabric, pattern, machine, notions, yarn and craft section. We have a discount table, which has a nice selection, not junk (as I would call come 'material'. The women working there are very helpful and friendly, as since I am a regular there, they always call me by name and ask what I am currently working on. Our store has become superstore, and our groceries are well well stocked, several varieties of everything. It is clean and all of the workers are very helpful. Now, our JoAnn's is trending towards several others. The fabric section is probably 1/4 of the store. There seems to be a decline in the quality of fabric, though if one really takes the time, there are some nice ones to choose from. Still have machines and lots of notions, but I do see more and more of the scrapbooking, crafting, storage and what I would consider trinket items for sale. For the most part (there is always one or two)the fabric ladies are nice. When they get a little grouchy, it is because there are only 2-3 employees in the entire store, and sometimes that includes the cashiers, and ratio for employee to customer may be 10-1.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:56 AM

They did that to ours. There is nothing really there to buy anymore, they down sized so much. Hugs
Old 06-24-2010, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

At least you have a cutting table, yeah! Most have no cutting table at all. When WalMart here remodeled all I heard was how terrible it was and everyone hated to go to WalMart. I'm mad WalMart did away with the fabric depts. but that doesn't make Walmart leprous. I have figured out that other business that bash Walmart aren't all that great either.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:26 PM

Our Walmart and our Super Walmart both have full fabric and craft departments until Feb. they are going to remodel the super wally world and have next to nothing.He said "You've been warned."I told them I won't shop there anymore!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Google Goddess

Yes, when they remodel our Walmart, they did away with the fabric department
Old 06-26-2010, 03:04 AM
Google Goddess

are you having a better day today, it is your Birthday, celebrate!
Old 06-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by craftybear
are you having a better day today, it is your Birthday, celebrate!
I've learned to laugh so I don't cry at work. At least the department was in the same place today as it was two days ago. Tomorrow ---- may be a different story.

I did enjoy the day though. Thanks.