Soup Machines

Old 10-12-2013, 02:44 PM

I've been on a soup making "kick" the last week or so. I just use my immersion blender if I want to puree or smooth down my soups. No doubt a lot less expensive than the Vita Mix
Old 10-12-2013, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
The Vitamix has been around for decades. It cooks soups and make ice cream. https://www.vitamix.com/Discover-Vit...Can-Make#soups It's one of the best kitchen appliances you can buy.
I agree, I have a Vitamix and it is wonderful, makes soup, ice cream, smoothies, all kinds of stuff with just one machine. It is pricey too, but I've had mine for more than 12 years and it is still going strong.
Old 10-13-2013, 03:43 AM

I have Chunky soup loving hubby. When I make soup it is done in a huge pot. I freeze it in microwave bowls. Meals are ready and No dishes to clean up after. I can sew longer!
I forgot to mention hubby even washes pot as I can't reach bottom in the sink! LOL I am Lucky!
Old 10-13-2013, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by jackiemc View Post
I got an email from my Penpal in England about soup machines. Googled them and found they are pricey. Has anyone heard of them or has one?
Hi, as a lot of things, a waste of money. Mke a big pot of soup in a saucepan or crock pot the liquidise , the old ways are often the best ways. x
Old 10-13-2013, 12:43 PM

Hmmm.... Let me see - pot, stove....yep, I've already got me a soup machine!
Old 10-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
The Vitamix has been around for decades. It cooks soups and make ice cream. https://www.vitamix.com/Discover-Vit...Can-Make#soups It's one of the best kitchen appliances you can buy.
I own a Vitamix. Bought it in the 70's and I love it. Best kitchen tool you can own, imho.
peace
Old 10-14-2013, 03:54 AM

It 's just one more appliance. I, too, make a big vat in a nice ole pot. I made doughnuts for the first time in eons and realized that I must have given the electric frying pans away...I had two. Hmmm. Anyway, I pulled out my cast iron kettle, threw the oil in, and used my candy/oil thermometer. Worked just fine. Warm doughnuts in the fall can't be beat and I was making them for company so I didn't have to eat them all myself (hubby in hospital so he couldn't help).
Old 10-14-2013, 04:30 AM

Jackiemc, I have a vitamix you can try if you are intested. It makes ice cream and bread too.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:47 AM

guess I'm still ole school.......give me a pot fresh vegetables and good ole beef or chicken and simmer away on the stove....when I worked I used a crock pot ........mmm!mmm! the smell when you walked in the house after a long day can't be beat....
Old 10-14-2013, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by jackiemc View Post
I got an email from my Penpal in England about soup machines. Googled them and found they are pricey. Has anyone heard of them or has one?
It appears to be a form of the Vitamix blender. I had one for years, got it at a yard sale for $5 and used it all the time to make my own tomato sauce. Back then the container was stainless steel so it heated up quickly when spinning and cleaned up like a dream.