Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Special things you do for your pet. >

Special things you do for your pet.

Special things you do for your pet.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:21 AM

Mine is spoiled too. As much as he will let me. I got him when he was 6. He was one of my fosters but showed what a butthead he was at adoptions so didn't go. He is only 12 lbs and cute as can be but hates to be picked up or be messed with. If I try and pick him up other than to put him in the car (and I have a special way I HAVE to pick him up) I get bit. He is also not a cuddler at all, something people who want small dogs want most times. Will not under any circumstance get on your lap. Except when my DD was driving me here and he wanted to see out the window. He also get treats everytime he goes potty outside and pulls the in and out to get more. I buy him special food because he won't eat dry , never has. He begs, and gets away with it as long as he doesn't make noise while doing so. But as much of a pain as he can be I love him and we are well suited to each other. Oh and I walk in ALL weather because he wants his walk every morning. He has his one coat he will wear. Nope not spoiled a bit. He is now 12, has a heart condition, is on 3 medications, his grooming cost more than my haircuts, lost an eye, and had a mass removed from his chin. And worth every penny to me. He is my best friend and I hope he outlives me
Old 10-31-2011, 05:33 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

wow and I thought mine was the only spoiled one !LOL
Since her stroke,she is definitely spoiled but in a different way: fresh veggies watching the food intake of dog food and just sitting around loving her as best we can!Being there to help her up and get to moving !well unless there is a cat in the yard -then she needs no help !LOL
Old 10-31-2011, 05:34 AM

My Pookie the Peke is 11 yrs old, just a sweet family member (not considered a dog). Cook dinner for him, if he's sleeping in my chair I sit somewhere else nt to wake him. Sleeps on my bed with me,. His treats I had to go on the interent to find them as their the only one he likes that a chewy, tasty a small. Goes to our friends home with us and visits with their family member (German shepard). And my friend cooks a meal for my dog while there. So I can say I LOVE MY POOKIE !!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:16 AM

Oh, please!! I have a 7 yr old cockapoo and the extent to which she is spoiled is almost obscene. My boys - 33 & 31 swear they were never treated as well!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by boomer47
Oh, please!! I have a 7 yr old cockapoo and the extent to which she is spoiled is almost obscene. My boys - 33 & 31 swear they were never treated as well!!!
Oh my...my sons must have talked to your sons... ha ha ha.. they even said one day..wonder if they can be considered as a neglected child now?? ha ha ha
My kids are 29, 28 and 25.. all boys.. lol
Old 10-31-2011, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by mythreesuns
Originally Posted by boomer47
Oh my...my sons must have talked to your sons... ha ha ha.. they even said one day..wonder if they can be considered as a neglected child now?? ha ha ha
My kids are 29, 28 and 25.. all boys.. lol
My daughter says the same lol
Old 10-31-2011, 06:47 AM
Banned

Every couple of months my husband cooks our cat(Killer) a turkey breast in the oil-less deep fryer. We actually eat one meal from it the day he cooks it, then he grinds the rest, puts enough in baggies for her breakfasts for a week and then freezes it. Every weekend he gets out a new bag of turkey for her. She gets 2 Tblsps every morning.
It's rather funny because when she first came to us as a stray kitten, I bought her a $5 sack of kitten food. He told me not to be spending money on a stray cat. Now she drinks from her own $100 water fountain and potties in a $100 potty box. Nope, she's not spoiled, we are!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by waladopa
Every couple of months my husband cooks our cat(Killer) a turkey breast in the oil-less deep fryer. We actually eat one meal from it the day he cooks it, then he grinds the rest, puts enough in baggies for her breakfasts for a week and then freezes it. Every weekend he gets out a new bag of turkey for her. She gets 2 Tblsps every morning.
It's rather funny because when she first came to us as a stray kitten, I bought her a $5 sack of kitten food. He told me not to be spending money on a stray cat. Now she drinks from her own $100 water fountain and potties in a $100 potty box. Nope, she's not spoiled, we are!
LOL! hahahhahahahah!

:P :-P
Old 10-31-2011, 06:49 AM

A quote from my vet. They are not spoiled they are well loved. Mine are very well loved.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:31 AM

es, I do things to spoil our dogs. I have a Mini Piebald Dashund and she will only eat chicken skin that has been cooked and cut up in small pieces or liver loaf. She was very mistreated at her former home and I love the daylights out of her so she gets spoiled. Is she worth it? Yes, yes, yes, a thousand times yes.