Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sprayed with colorless orderless gas??? >

Sprayed with colorless orderless gas???

Sprayed with colorless orderless gas???

Old 04-15-2012, 08:44 AM

Default Sprayed with colorless orderless gas???

What is it that is at the entrance of a fabric shop that is having a going our of business sale? I think I was sprayed with a gas............I spent too much $$$ .............I do feel guilty. Some items I purchased additional yardage thinking of my sewing buddies.............but I am having buyers remorse............calla/Sue
Old 04-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Power Poster

next time, Duck!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:59 AM

I think that gas has other sources, it "hits" me at different time locations.. and I just have to buy FABRIC! If the buyers remorse really gets to you , host a fabrics swap with friends/family.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:32 PM

I don't dare go into a fabric store anymore . I always find something that I can't live without. The same goes for shopping fabric online. Right now I have three orders coming with no plans on what to do with them. I guess you can call me a fabric junkie!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:02 AM

i know i havent boughten fabric since jan. i told myself no more. but i am really getting
the itch to go to our local quilt shop and look around. but i am scared too. lol
Old 04-16-2012, 11:38 AM
Power Poster

Fabric buying IS addictive!

The fact that it doesn't cause holes in our nasal septums MIGHT be a redeeming factor to this addiction. We usually stay under the police/FBI/FTA radars. As far as I know, buying fabric is still a legal activity!
Old 04-16-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine View Post
I don't dare go into a fabric store anymore . I always find something that I can't live without. The same goes for shopping fabric online. Right now I have three orders coming with no plans on what to do with them. I guess you can call me a fabric junkie!
Me too. Half the time when the mail brings packages, I don't even know what it is until I open it. It is like Christmas, LOL
Old 04-16-2012, 03:07 PM

I was good about not buying fabric until I went to see my lovely SIL in NH and she said sense we had missed being together on our birthdays (she's a week ahead of me) she took me to Frank's Bargain Center. OMG that was deadly between Batiks and Background material - how do you say No to $3.90/yd. Then when I got to the cash he informed me you missed the other cutting table in back there's 2000 yds of fabric in there in bundles, if you take it as is without cutting the yardage that was there it went down to $2/yd! So picked up 3 bundles each that had 5-6 yds in it.

Hubby darn near fell over when we got back lol Total bill was $59 and there's no state tax, best part was they didn't charge me duty on it coming home! Yeah me! lol
Old 04-17-2012, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Sheila_H View Post
I was good about not buying fabric until I went to see my lovely SIL in NH and she said sense we had missed being together on our birthdays (she's a week ahead of me) she took me to Frank's Bargain Center. OMG that was deadly between Batiks and Background material - how do you say No to $3.90/yd. Then when I got to the cash he informed me you missed the other cutting table in back there's 2000 yds of fabric in there in bundles, if you take it as is without cutting the yardage that was there it went down to $2/yd! So picked up 3 bundles each that had 5-6 yds in it.

Hubby darn near fell over when we got back lol Total bill was $59 and there's no state tax, best part was they didn't charge me duty on it coming home! Yeah me! lol

Where in NH is Frank's ? Definitely sounds like a "MUST VISIT" !
Old 04-17-2012, 06:15 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

LOL one of our LQS over here on the Western Slope of CO is getting rid of his fabric business and concentrating on only a brand name of machine. So the fabric store is now 65% off, I may have to go and see what is left !LOL
The first time I went I took DH and he patiently looked around and found some fixtures he could use, while I was shopping for fabric. He was so amazed at how much I saved in the end, that is all he talked about, he couldn't believe fabric was that expensive (well look at groceries and gas how expensive they are!). But in the end he agreed it was all a very good bargin for both fabric and his "new to him fixtures" that he can use for his hobbies !LOL