Spring Cleaning

Old 03-20-2011, 08:46 AM

My spring cleaning is morphing into cleaning and painting because I am puting my house on the market for sale. Somehow it isn't as satisfying as doing it for yourself.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
Originally Posted by thequiltmama
Hi everyone, I finally feel like spring is coming. The sun is shining and almost all of the snow is gone. yah!! So I have started my spring cleaning. Today is top to bottom of the bedding for all 3 beds. And.... gave the dog a shave today from noise to tail and everything in between. Man, I love spring :)
Does anyone else have the spring bug????
I have the spring cleaning bug and have three ladies scheduled to come and do it on Monday.
:lol:
Old 03-20-2011, 01:29 PM

have been cleaning this week..crocus are blooming and the daffadils are getting ready to open..with the 70's the next 2 days they will be ready for the cold weather coming in thursday..as long as it isn't snow i can live with it.. :-D
Old 03-20-2011, 03:35 PM

Hi everyone, I finally feel like spring is coming. The sun is shining and almost all of the snow is gone. yah!! So I have started my spring cleaning. Today is top to bottom of the bedding for all 3 beds. And.... gave the dog a shave today from noise to tail and everything in between. Man, I love spring :)
Thequiltmama

I have spring fever, however the weather is still too cool to do anything "spring like" outside!

TreeFrog
Old 03-20-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
I have the spring cleaning bug and have three ladies scheduled to come and do it on Monday.
That's my kind of spring cleaning.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:02 PM

Our Grandson is having a garage sale to help raise money for his Eagle Scout Badge so I've been spring cleaning for three weeks, it has really motivated me! So far I've cleaned out the kitchen cabinets, linen closet, bathroom closets and the one I was dreading the most, our walk-in closet. I donated dishes, extra pots and pans, baking stuff, kitchen linens and lot's of clothes I can no longer wear. Everything left over will be given to a church where people can take anything they need for free.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:03 PM

Oh yes, I got the bug several weeks ago. I have been pitching, sorting, organizing, and donating or what my mom would call, deep cleaning. Today I hit all of the bathroom cabinets and drawers. Two entire trashbags came out full. How did I get all of that stuff in there?
Old 03-20-2011, 07:35 PM

Can start yet have 3 feet of snow can't get to the clothes line and a little bit cold to wash windows
Old 03-20-2011, 07:39 PM

It may be officially spring but like amyjo said not in NORTH DAKOTA! Some of our snow has melted but now there's another storm coming & they don't know how much we'll (Fargo) will get for sure. Plus the flood will be arriving when it does start to melt so I'm waiting to clean. They've built the dikes to 44' & in 2009 in got to 40.82' & it is possible it may go over that this year. Just have to wait & see what Mother Nature has planned for us. Hopefully, a nice slow melt with no rain.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:21 PM

I have been cleaning for about 2 weeks now. Hubby and I are putting new flooring through out the downstairs. Lots or relocating, donating and throwing away.

Somehow, (and I am not complaining) I donated a couch and got a whole new living room... just went and purchased some new seating. The best part of this, is that I now have room for my treadles!!!! :)