Spring Cleaning

Old 03-20-2011, 08:55 PM

No spring here it's still snowing for next 10 days. Have been setting up my sewing room though.

Cookie
Old 03-20-2011, 09:35 PM

I have washed all blankets and stored them, washed all blinds in the bathtub, painted the living room with a lovely pale spring green, cleaned up the sewing room, washed and starched curtains, hung up the lovely quilted wall hanging I received in a swap, and now I have the flu. C'mon spring!
Old 03-21-2011, 03:36 AM

Spring is here!! We have had several days in the 60 degree range.
We like to start around the middle of March. (MY HUSBAND is the best helper)
Everything gets moved cleaned and waxed from celing to floor, we have three rooms to go and then its outside. It's such a good feeling when we finish knowing everthing is so clean. looking forward to finishing so I can put quilting back in my life.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by KathyAire
Originally Posted by thequiltmama
Hi everyone, I finally feel like spring is coming. The sun is shining and almost all of the snow is gone. yah!! So I have started my spring cleaning. Today is top to bottom of the bedding for all 3 beds. And.... gave the dog a shave today from noise to tail and everything in between. Man, I love spring :)
Does anyone else have the spring bug????
I have the spring cleaning bug and have three ladies scheduled to come and do it on Monday.
I like the way you think, girl!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:26 AM

Started my spring cleaning early this year. We went out of town and I had someone stay in the house - couldn't let her see what my closets looked like!
Old 03-21-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Well, I started yesterday.LOL Did windows , blinds and curtains. Today is basketball game( Yea Wildcats!!), and doiing some reading. Joints are sore from yesterday. I think I will have to admit that I'm just not able to do it all anymore and hire someone for the really hard stuff. I have never had someone else do cleaning for me, I don't even know all that they do. Right now, I'd like to toss everything out, and re-do from top to bottom, but it isnt going to happen.
I was raised where you did spring cleaning and then you did fall cleaning!!! :thumbdown: I wish I could get my house scrubbed from top to bottom but my cleaning ladies just do the every day stuff. I'm hoping that my sister will come down here this summer and she can at least help me get my kitchen cabinets cleaned out. That would make me feel so much better. I wish I could afford to get my cleaning ladies to do the deep cleaning but just can't afford it any more. Poor me. :cry: :cry: I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather that we're having and am hoping ya'll get your cleaning done so you can do some more quilting. :thumbup:
Old 03-23-2011, 04:31 PM

Yes, the spring cleaning bug has hit here - been trying to do painting before it gets really nice out so I can dig in the dirt - love Spring!!!!
Old 03-23-2011, 05:59 PM

Does anyone have problems with pollen? I would always get started before Easter with spring cleaning, but by May my outside windows were covered with pollen as well as the sills. I always like to wash and hang out the curtains, but again the pollen lands on them and then I bring it into the house. So I have done only the inside windows. I will enjoy spring and golf then spring clean after the pollen has disappeared.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:47 AM
Banned

Everyone in my house has some kind of seasonal allergies...some in the spring, some in the fall. yuck :(
Originally Posted by golfer
Does anyone have problems with pollen? I would always get started before Easter with spring cleaning, but by May my outside windows were covered with pollen as well as the sills. I always like to wash and hang out the curtains, but again the pollen lands on them and then I bring it into the house. So I have done only the inside windows. I will enjoy spring and golf then spring clean after the pollen has disappeared.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:29 AM

I know its an too old thread... but I wanna participate.. may be people are now not reading this thread. I also love the spring season but don't like the cleaning.. specially the wet cleaning or washing... but love the clean my garden and wipe out the leaves.. Thanks for sharing your activities.