Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is it spring yet?

The azaleas are blooming -- gardeners are setting out veggies and flowers -- it is getting close to 80 degrees in the afternoon -- our short spring, before the hot summer, is here!!
    diane

Blog Entries
    It's spring here! We have horribly hot, humid summers...think a blast of hot oven air hitting you whenever you walk out the door, and in this part of FL we get winter freezes that ruin many plants. Right now we have the best of the year. We can work outside without worrying of heat stroke, the phlox are blooming beside the roadways, and the bluebirds are raising their young. Love it!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    My Christmas cactus is so confused, it's trying to bloom again. for Easter? my plants are getting ready for Spring. but here we hardly have a growing season, so they get going as fast as possible.
    My Christmas cactus always bloomed for Thanksgiving and again for Easter. Sometimes I had a bloom or two at Christmas. A few years it was continuous. But this year there has been not one blossom. Really strange. I treated it the same as always.

Our snow banks are still way over my head. Our road didn't get opened for 5 days after that February 22 storm, and they've been trying to get the roads opened wider ever since. Our yard is still feet deep in snow except for a few square yards of grass over the septic tank. Ha Ha! This morning I tried to go to Mass, but my windshield kept icing up. I drove about a mile and a half, but was afraid to get onto the highway, so I came back home. I really couldn't see anything through the ice. Now it is still only 26 degrees out. That's Fahrenheit!
    Mavita - Square dancer and One Room School Teacher

It rained here yesterday and we were so happy to see some of the high snow banks melting down a little....but this morning another 3-4 inches of snow. Some day soon it has to stop. I think the April Fools joke is on us! LOL

Blog Entries
    Here in Indiana had a beautiful day yesterday, so today potted a couple of pots of pansies. Makes me think of spring, really ready after this winter.

flowers are up and blooming ,
    Freedom to speak is a gift ;please don't take it from us..

Is it spring here?

well, if you ask the weather, it's not quite sure, but ask my azaleas and they
    will bloomin' tell ya
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Winter NEVER started this year in Southern California. Surprisingly, I woke up to a light drizzle this morning but the sun is out and I can only see blue sky and white puffy clouds.
    A Good Friend, like an old quilt, is both a Treasure and a Comfort

The winter wheat is up and green as emeralds. No corn, yet and the winter has been so weird that none of the pecan trees have bloomed, nor do they show any signs of blooming. But the sun is shining and the temp was mid to high
    70's in the area, so all is right with the world right now. As Garfield says, "It's been a long winter." froggyintexas

Have family in Moorestown.

Nope, not spring but MUD season! Lots of snow melt, lots of rain, ice out on lakes, streams and rivers running high = mud, mud, mud everywhere! Tire sucking, shoe sucking mud. We have 5 seasons up here in northern New England - the four that everyone else has plus mud. I have a 700 foot dirt (mud now) driveway and I can't get my car in or out, so I am stuck at home until it either dries out or we get another freeze. Wouldn't trade living in New England, though, mud or not!

My daffodils are just starting to poke through where the ground is bare. Still have some good sized snow banks around. We had 5 inches of new snow Sunday in extreme northern Maine and rain down here in southern New Hampshire.

Happy Spring (or Mud Season).
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    My Christmas cactus is so confused, it's trying to bloom again. for Easter? my plants are getting ready for Spring. but here we hardly have a growing season, so they get going as fast as possible.
    The same thing happened to me here in Bermuda. My Christmas cactus is in fill bloom again.

However I have to admit to all of you that we had the mildest winter that I can ever remember.

I live in n.c. and it beautiful , close to 80's today.

It was 80 degrees here yesterday. Took my walk in shorts. Yay!

Do you have family here or do I?

It is spring according to the calendar, but we had snow last night. It is welcome here as we are in a draught, but Boy am I ready for summer

Quote Originally Posted by Travelin2some View Post
    I too live in northern lower Michigan..................a troll for sure. In our area the deer have returned, but I have yet to see a robin. Maybe it's because they don't want to climb the high mounds of snow in our yard. So they have settled into other northern lower Michigan sights for now. I simply am tired of the weather forecast calling for now. Will it ever end? Spring please come!
    We have piles of snow & few bare spots. Looked outside today & we have about 100+ robins trying to find worms. When one does get one the others try to steal it!! We're expecting a storm tonite into Friday -- I hope it is an over estimation.(6-10" is predicted).

We live in the central part of New York. Saturday it sleeted for an hour, followed by 4" of wet, heavy snow. Hoping that was the last hurrah. Rest of this week we're feeling optimistic. Almost all the snow is gone, the ice is melting off ponds and soon lakes will have open water. The robins and red wing blackbirds are here. The geese, ducks, gulls and blue heron have also returned. It's been warm enough to crack the windows just a bit to let in some fresh air. The spring bulbs are starting to break thru the ground. Yesterday I pruned the beach rose bush and cleaned my clothes off. Hope springs eternal!

It was very snowy in Colorado this morning, but beautiful sunshine this afternoon. That is springtime in Colorado.

The first day of Spring is not the same thing as the first spring day! (saw on a sign today...made me laugh...how true)
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2