Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it spring yet?

Wink Is it spring yet?

I think it might be spring. We live in a wooded area in Michigan and today we saw many different signs of spring. I needed a script for the drugstore about 30 mile away. On the way we saw the fields are getting bare spots. Many deer where out of the woods and snow in the fields. We saw 4 sand hill cranes, a flock of geese all signs of spring. Then after we go home there were a least 6 robins. Is it spring where you are?

Blog Entries
    My Christmas cactus is so confused, it's trying to bloom again. for Easter? my plants are getting ready for Spring. but here we hardly have a growing season, so they get going as fast as possible.

There is a major winter storm here. Everything is shut down. So far we've gotten about 8 inches of snow with more coming. I think they said it should let up sometime Tuesday morning. Yuk!

I hope winter and snow are finished here. We will have cold temps at other times, though. It can (and often does) frost here until May 10-12. Today, however, was beautiful: blue skies, no clouds, no wind (which was ferocious over the weekend, uprooting trees and downing power lines), and 70 degrees. I sat in the sun for an hour this afternoon!

Blog Entries
    It is coming on fast. Our cut back roses are coming out like crazy. It was 80 here today.

We live near Saginaw Bay and are experiencing the same thing. Lots of deer out and the geese are returning. Yea ! Was not sure spring would come this year.
    Happy Quilting Grandma of 15, 3 Greats

I went on a hike at the Great Serpent Mound park today ( Adams county Ohio) Lots of flowers peaking through , it was a beautiful day !

I live in NY near Lake Ontario. Woke upSunday morning to 8" of concrete. It had rained, sleet then the snow. Even. Y snowblower had trouble getting through it. Today it was in the 40's, tomorrow near 60. I am going to hold off getting excited for a few weeks.
    Marilyn

Not here yet, we had a snow storm today but it wasn't as bad as predicted so we are pleased!! Only got about 2-3 inches of snow but had high winds, and school was cancelled. Supposed to be nice for a few days then we will get another one. I'm certainly ready for spring though!

It definitely was in Central NC today. 75 and sunny, flowing trees in full bloom and lots of flowers out. Finally.
    I'd rather be at the lake

Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

We're cautiously saying .....MAYBE! One day it will be in the 20's or 30's, then the next day or two it will go up in to the '80's. Saturday we were wearing our winter coats and ear muffs, and yesterday it was 84 degrees! Our poor trees and rose bushes don't know whether to bloom or not anymore!
    Last edited by DebbieJJ; 04-01-2014 at 12:01 AM. Reason: to correct spelling
    A happy person is not a person in a certain set of circumstances, but rather a person with a certain set of attitudes. ~Hugh Downs
    Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns.I am thankful that thorns have roses.~Allophones Karr
    “The happiest people I know are those who lose themselves in the service of others." — Gordon B Hinckley

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop." ~ Confucius

Yes, its spring here, but if the rain would EVER stop.....I'm ready for SUN now!

My crocus bulbs finally bloomed yesterday! I don't ever remember them blooming so late... usually I see them in Feb/early March.
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Blog Entries
    i saw the first hummingbird the other day!
    I Quilt, I Nap, I Quilt Some More ... Aaaaah, The Good Life!

for Newsletter or Digest issues, please contact [email protected]

To contact me with questions or suggestions that relate to our community, you may email [email protected]

Blog Entries
    The snow is finally beginning to melt here. My crocus are poking their heads through the ground and I have seen 2 robins- looks like Spring is on it's way. This has been a brutal winter- our first in a rural community since we moved away from Toronto.
    'He cannot be a gentleman which loveth not a dog' -John Northbrooke
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

What town in lower michigan do you live. I to live in lower michigan. I am in Flat Rock. We are between Detroit and Toledo, Ohio.

I live in northern lower Michigan. You could say we're trools because we live below the bridge We have a Lake City address but live about north near a little town call Moorestown.

Early little daffodils are blooming here. Magnolias are getting ready to bloom also. They have been frozen when in full bloom lots of Springs. Forsythias are starting to bloom also. We are getting some warm days, some not so warm. Nights are still very cool. Spring is great, hot humid summer is not.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    We hit 10c yesterday. The snow is melting.
    We BBQ'ed last night
    We survived another winter
    Yes it IS SPRING
    MaryKatherine
    marykayhopkins123.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ View Post
    i saw the first hummingbird the other day!
    Here in SW Mo I always think Spring is here when I put up my hummingbird feeders. I hung one out Sunday, but have not yet seen a hummer. The earliest I have ever seen one was on a March 23. However, we usually have a light freeze or frost near the end of April so no bedding plants go in the ground until May!

JanineH, I'm from ND and have family there weathering out this latest blizzard with you! Down here, in south central Nebraska, the sand hill cranes are amassing along the Platte river. There are fields just covered with the birds. One of the stopping locations on their trip back north. Always a sign of warmer weather ahead. Oh, while out trying to walk in the 45 mph wind I noticed the bulbs starting to peek up thru the soil. Just glad we didn't have the snow ND has along with that wind!!
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Not so far from you in Nebraska we had (they seem to be gone now) Sandhill Cranes a couple of weeks ago. Now our resident Robins are out and about and a couple of Turtledoves too come to our bird feeder. I have two crocus blooming in my East flower garden. Yes, Spring is here, however we had snow yesterday morning and a report for more snow/rain for Thursday.

Iclang, where are you? We are south of Grand Island near Hastings. We still have lots of the cranes although their numbers are lowering quite a bit.
    Have a great day sewing and remember to "not sweat the small stuff"!!

Blog Entries
    I too live in northern lower Michigan..................a troll for sure. In our area the deer have returned, but I have yet to see a robin. Maybe it's because they don't want to climb the high mounds of snow in our yard. So they have settled into other northern lower Michigan sights for now. I simply am tired of the weather forecast calling for now. Will it ever end? Spring please come!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.com/54489/296/CCA9C6060E1181152CA095EAA3495414.png[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by just joan View Post
    I think it might be spring. We live in a wooded area in Michigan and today we saw many different signs of spring. I needed a script for the drugstore about 30 mile away. On the way we saw the fields are getting bare spots. Many deer where out of the woods and snow in the fields. We saw 4 sand hill cranes, a flock of geese all signs of spring. Then after we go home there were a least 6 robins. Is it spring where you are?
    Am thinking it is right around the corner as LOTS of robins are back here in the Thumb. Yesterday I saw my snow-drops in full bloom and some other small flowers are poking out of the ground about 2". Our pair of Canadian geese have been back for a couple of weeks now. Our snow level has really gone down, mine are just the plowed piles here and there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast