Stay At Home Grandmother?

Old 09-25-2009, 07:53 PM

:roll: Oh honey,you are so not alone.Where to begin. :? I have been raising my special needs grand daughter since birth and she is now 16 as of last week(UGH).16 going on 30.Mom wasnt ready to be a mom.I raised my 3 in the church and well to make a long story short...where in the world did I go wrong?I have my oldest daughter her mamma who decided she wasnt ready to be a mom but had 3 more after her.Then my son whom seems to be hanging in there and is a wonderful dad.He has my 5 yr. old grand daughter more than the mom/wifey does.Then there is my other daughter with her 4 and has neither 1 of them as she says she is "gay".Ok.I also have been remarried and have 3 deceased little ones and still wander where did I go wrong.Dad lives a few sort miles fro us and no visits,phone calls etc.Mamma lives in Tx. with the abusive boyfriend and left the hubby.The one who"thinks" she is gay lives in Fla. with the abusive girlfriend that wants nothing to do with her if no money is to be had.So believe you me sweetie you are far from being alone.Vent all you want for I know where you are coming from,many blessigs to you and the family,quiltin-frenz :wink:
Old 09-26-2009, 12:02 AM

Thanks so much to everyone who has replied! Each of you has a special story and you all have touched my heart and given me a boost of confidence. Bless you all! DGD went to the sitter's yesterday for a "trial run" and I haven't heard how it went yet, but found myself thinking about her all day. I will have another full day with her on Monday and then DD wants her all to herself for the rest of the week because she goes back to work the following Monday. I miss her already!

Old 09-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Power Poster

You are so blessed to have this time with your grandaby! Enjoy every moment even the trying ones!
Old 09-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Administrator

to quote Admin:

"... if you just want to vent or if you need support of others because of a personal problem, then PDA is a more appropriate place to post. "

let's all encourage CindyBee to start a PDA so we can rally 'round and give her lots of shoulders to lean on. maybe you can give her some hints about helping hubby get back into the "baby game". ;-)