Stolen packages

Old 12-21-2010, 04:48 AM

I understand your wanting to get your Christmas packages at any cost, but might the sign cause someone to break the window and destroy the camera?
Old 12-21-2010, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by k9dancer
Of course, now that they are warned, they may break your window & steal your computer.

I don't believe in warnings. Just do it.
I agree with this. I think you would be asking for a broken window and a stolen camera. Don't do it.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:10 AM

I hate that packages are just left at the door. At least you have been able to have them delivered at work.

Hope this is a strong enough deterrent. I agree with another poster, thieves almost act like they wanna get caught - like it is a dare.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:17 AM

what a great idea you have, I hope you catch the culprit, or even better yet they feel horrible about stealing your package and return your fabric to its rightful home
Old 12-21-2010, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by mic-pa
This week someone stole the money from our church which was meantfor the flowers (poinsettas) for the alterfor Christmas. It never ends. the world is certainly different these days and not always good.
Someone broke into our church at Christmas time several years ago and stole the ceramic container that a pointsettia arrangement was made in, plus--get this- the preachers Bible.
We go to a little country church and never used to lock the doors, after all God's house should be open to all, but now we lock the doors. So sad!!
Old 12-21-2010, 05:55 AM

I think this is brilliant but don't warn them they might steal the camera.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Leann
I hate that packages are just left at the door. At least you have been able to have them delivered at work.

Hope this is a strong enough deterrent. I agree with another poster, thieves almost act like they wanna get caught - like it is a dare.
Seems like they do want to get caught! I mean, what have they got to lose, they get a warm place to stay, regular meals, dont have to worry about dr or dental care. We pay it!!
Old 12-21-2010, 06:14 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

You know, there was truly a package thief at work in the Pittsburgh area about a month ago:
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...65/detail.html

While the police seem to have an idea who did it, the mere publication of a story like this encourages copycat crimes, don't you think?

We had a valuable package that we shipped to a Pittsburgh area address go missing in October. So the thieves are definitely out there. Our UPS and FedEx contacts tell us that it is more common this time of year.

I would suggest that you have any valuable packages sent to your workplace, or even to a neighbor's where you know someone is always home.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:19 AM

Well, UPS didn't leave the package anyway. The sender required a signature so they left a notice. I got online and changed the delivery to Will Call. There is a place not too far from my work so I'll get it today.

I still have the large delivery on Wednesday and hopefully I will be home by the time it gets here. That one is from another place that I already received one of the packages so I know that it will be left without signature. I was home for that delivery but he knocked and was walking away before I got to the door.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:53 AM

I hate when they do that! I know they are probably in a hurry but it flips me out! LOL