Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tervis Tumblers?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
    Thanks Q-Nan. I figure that if I don't throw them in the diswasher, they should be fine. dishwashers can also pit plastic. I would not use them with citrus but good to know! I plan on using them for water, iced tea, maybe soda. Just want an insulated cup that does not sweat. Keep drinks cold...longer.

sandy
    Your ideas will work just fine with Tervis. We have a department store that puts them on sale now and then. That's when I stock up. Love the insulated bit and no rings anywhere.
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Yup! I also love my Tervis glasses. We live in hot, sunny, Arizona and use them to carry ice water with us when we are out and about. We fill 24 oz ones with ice, then add water and they will stay cold for several hours in in the car even if we are parked in the sun when it's 110-120 degrees out. Love them and wouldn't leave home without them!

Blog Entries
    The things I learn on the Quilting Board! I've long lamented that I cannot find insulated mugs in the stores anymore, because my hot drinks get cold too fast in ceramic. Thanks to this thread I looked on Amazon, and not only found Tervis mugs, but found some with hummingbirds, which I love. A quick email to my son to order for me since he has Prime, and I'll have them sooner or later, either now and I'll pay him back, or later for my birthday. Thanks for the information, everyone!

Yep, they are wonderful and made right near Fort Myers and certainly live up to their guarantee. Enjoy them.
    with a passion for quilting and vintage machines..Singers: 99, 4 featherweights, Redeye 66, Lotus 66, Phoenix 27, 15-91, 301A -- Janome 6600P and Janome embroidery 350 machine.
    Colleen S.

Mine work great, no sweating or leaks. I wash the lids by hand but that probably isn't necessary. The glasses go through the dishwasher fine.

I love them! It gets really hot here, and when I take it out of my car after a shopping trip there is still ice left in it.
    The genuine Tervis glasses are the best ones. They are also great for hot beverages.

I've had a set of 8 for more than 20 years. One got broken and it got thrown out -- they still sent me a new one. Now to get a replacement you have to send the broken one back. One other one came apart (inside came loose from the outside). Those are the only two I have ever replaced and they go in the dishwasher all the time.

Yes , I still have 2 that are about 30 yrs old. Traded in 2 others that were bought at same time. Not as happy with the new choice of such a big glass to hold but I have some others too. Bought first ones in Venice Florida after 1972
    while camping.

I have several of them, I really like them. If you manage to crack one, the company will replace it.

Mine will sweat in humid weather. But always has ice water or tea in it. Works great when it is not too humid.

Thank you for all of the glowing testimonies! We have an awesome independently owned kitchen shop in town and she stocks TONS of these . I ended up buying two of the 16 oz ones. ( buy local!) . I used it yesterday. Love the lid! No dribbles. One of my pet peeve on the many others that I have tried.

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Very interesting thread! I see these all the time at Bed Bath & Beyond but can never bring myself to spend the money on one. Guess I will get my coupons and go a-shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
    Very interesting thread! I see these all the time at Bed Bath & Beyond but can never bring myself to spend the money on one. Guess I will get my coupons and go a-shopping!
    Do try them. They are a quality product and even when you buy the glass and the lid, you are still talking under $20. Use your Bed and Bath coupon to get it even less expensive. You will like them.

Blog Entries
    Is this really the conversion cost?http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tervis-Disne...+tumbler..hope the link works. Just for fun
    i do have a couple of tumblers which are great did not pay this price.
    Finished is better than a UFO

Only thing we use down in the Little Latitudes(Miami, FL). I swear by them.....So worth the money!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
    Who has one and do they live up to their advertised features?
    sandy
    Have had them for years and absolutely love them. I even put them in the dishwasher top rack. They are guaranteed and you can return them for replacement if there is a problem. I have done that at Bed Bath and Beyond.

These are the only glasses we use. I wash them in the top rack of my dishwasher with no problems. The only issue they have is: Do not get any spray sunscreen on them. It will make them permanently cloudy. The company stands behind their product. We had a couple that leaked and they replaced them, no questions asked. That was several years ago and we haven't had any problems with them I like it that you can buy lids for the glasses.

I love Tervis cups. They hold up better than the cheap ones and they stand behind their guarantee. Through the years, I have mailed lots of them back and they replace them with no problem.

I have two tumblers still in use, given to us as a welcome to FL gift, in 1971. Have a set of 8, got in 1990. You can't beat them. Oh you can buy the cheap ones, but if they break, you'll have to buy new. Tervis you can replace, for us would be no big deal at 20 mile down the road.

They have all kinds, short, tall, handles and most any kind of logo you desire. They DO stand by their warranty but have never had a problem with any of ours. It's all we ever used poolside. Also, I put them in the dishwasher. I kind of laugh when I think about the 2 plastic thermo glasses that have lasted 44 years. Expensive, well guess not very if one considers how long they have lasted. Just good old made in America product.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2