Tervis Tumblers?

Old 07-19-2015, 08:19 AM

Yes, I got one from my DIL's parents for Christmas, and I love, love, love it!
Old 07-19-2015, 10:06 AM

Love them, won't use anything else. Hate to have a glass that when you pick it up it is all wet from condensation and leaves a ring. Not Tervis. They replace them no question, worth every penny. I fought it at first when I found out the cost, but after I had them I never went back.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:15 AM

Have had mine for about 4 years and nothing has gone wrong with them---I wash them in the dishwasher top or bottom rack which ever has room and no problem---love that they do not sweat in Kansas humidity and keep drinks cold for hours any time of the year
Old 07-19-2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Latrinka View Post
Yes, I got one from my DIL's parents for Christmas, and I love, love, love it!
Aren't they great for gifts? I mean pricey a little if you are buying for yourself, but for under $20 (24 oz plus lid), it is a gift that is really appreciated. I have no hesitation giving these, as everyone I have gifted, turns around and purchases more for their family.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:43 AM

Add me to the list of those that love Tervis tumblers. I've had some 10+ years, I never put them in the dishwasher and mine aren't etched/scratched.

If you live near a Bed Bath and Beyond, I've purchased several on their clearance tables. I look every time I'm in the store and have found some really fun designs at upwards of 70% off then using a 20% off coupon they are practically giving them away.
Old 07-19-2015, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Thanks Q-Nan. I figure that if I don't throw them in the diswasher, they should be fine. dishwashers can also pit plastic. I would not use them with citrus but good to know! I plan on using them for water, iced tea, maybe soda. Just want an insulated cup that does not sweat. Keep drinks cold...longer.

sandy
Your ideas will work just fine with Tervis. We have a department store that puts them on sale now and then. That's when I stock up. Love the insulated bit and no rings anywhere.
Old 07-19-2015, 01:09 PM

Yup! I also love my Tervis glasses. We live in hot, sunny, Arizona and use them to carry ice water with us when we are out and about. We fill 24 oz ones with ice, then add water and they will stay cold for several hours in in the car even if we are parked in the sun when it's 110-120 degrees out. Love them and wouldn't leave home without them!
Old 07-19-2015, 01:38 PM

The things I learn on the Quilting Board! I've long lamented that I cannot find insulated mugs in the stores anymore, because my hot drinks get cold too fast in ceramic. Thanks to this thread I looked on Amazon, and not only found Tervis mugs, but found some with hummingbirds, which I love. A quick email to my son to order for me since he has Prime, and I'll have them sooner or later, either now and I'll pay him back, or later for my birthday. Thanks for the information, everyone!
Old 07-19-2015, 02:50 PM

Yep, they are wonderful and made right near Fort Myers and certainly live up to their guarantee. Enjoy them.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:32 PM

Mine work great, no sweating or leaks. I wash the lids by hand but that probably isn't necessary. The glasses go through the dishwasher fine.