Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tervis Tumblers?

Tervis Tumblers?

Who has one and do they live up to their advertised features?
    sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

Blog Entries
    check the 1 star rating comments here http://www.amazon.com/Tervis-4-Pack-.../dp/B0051U9D5M
    apparently citrus etches them.
    i've used similar glasses for years and love them, but mine were much cheaper at walmart
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

dd
    I have had a set of 4 for years. Thats the only ones my husband wants to use. They are a little etched but it doesn't bother us. I have some of the similar ones from Walmart with the straw. They will break, the 2 sections come apart, if you drop them. The worst problem I have is he leaves them in the garage when he's working down there and forgets to bring them in the house. Yuk, moldy iced tea.
    Blessed are the quilters, for they are the piecemakers.

Thanks Q-Nan. I figure that if I don't throw them in the diswasher, they should be fine. dishwashers can also pit plastic. I would not use them with citrus but good to know! I plan on using them for water, iced tea, maybe soda. Just want an insulated cup that does not sweat. Keep drinks cold...longer.

sandy
    Sandygirl

Janome 9900 / Janome 9700 / Janome 3160 QVC/ Janome 1100D serger, Juki 2020 Mini
    Singer Centennial model (inherited from my late, fav aunt!)

I have several and they are quite nice. No wet rings on the table from cold drinks.

I've had one for years and love it. It's the only cup I use when traveling.

I have 6 of them, they are wonderful and the only glasses I use. I take one to work everyday filled with iced tea. They have fared well in the dishwasher, top rack.

I just bought a couple and I love them. I will buy more.

I love them, and they are a made in the USA product. I have one I take on the road. The only problem I have ever had is that they don't fit in my old car's cup holder. Oh well, my husband can drive.

They do keep your drinks cold for longer and do not sweat.
    mea

Hi Sandygirl, I have used the Tervis Tumblers for probably 20 yrs there our only glasses, we have three sizes plus the coffee cups. If they get to scratched up I just send them off to the factory in Fla and they send back new ones, they can go in the dishwasher I don't put them there. I use all the lids & straws. I don't think you will be sorry if you buy any there GREAT. There costly but last forever.

They are the only glasses we use. I use them for hot or cold, for travel, in the microwave. They are top shelf dishwasher and come with lids and handles. The company does stand by their lifetime warranty. I have had one replaced with no questioned asked. They are also our favorite gift to give at weddings. As they are expensive, people don't normally go out and buy them but once we have started someone on them they love them.
    Daryl

I have one

Quote Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
    sandy
    My daughter bought me one about 3 mo ago. She has 2 and 1 leaked, she called the mfg and they sent her a new one. Guess their guarantee is good. Too expensive for me to buy ($13 each) but good for a gift.

Made in the USA and lifetime warranty, cant beat that I have 2, got them on clearance. I think we should support american workers.We keep finding out the junk they are putting in , even lead in crayons,makes the extra cost worth it to me, Which if you consider you won;t have to buy again and its regulated its a win win

We use these everyday, I have given them as Christmas presents and then was asked for more for a bday gift!
    They do stand behind their guarantee. Last summer I sent back two that developed condensation inside and was sent two brand new.
    I would not hesitate to purchase or gift again.
    I buy them at Bed Bath and Beyond using the 20% off coupons.
    I find the 12 oz Tumbler size is the best size for us.

We bought 8 of them back in 2008. We have used them daily and put them in the dishwasher daily.
    There are 4 or 5 of them where they have not held up well. When I take them out of the dishwasher
    I can hear hissing. They have lost their seal. They still work but not as good as the ones that have
    not lost their seal.
    Having had the cheap insulated glasses and the genuine Tervis tumblers, I would still buy the Tervis because
    they have lasted as long as they have. Even the ones that lost their seal are better than the
    cheap ones.
    When I bought these, I purchased them directly from Tervis or their shopping site. It was close to
    Christmas and they had specials with discounts and free shipping. Mine are just the very plain clear
    ones and they still Look good.

I have about a dozen of the glasses and about that many coffee cups. I love 'em. I put them in the dishwasher all the time with no problem. I've only had one or two that had a problem and the company always replaces them without a hassle. They are free replacements.
    Margaret

"If the devil could dance in empty pockets, he'd have a ball in mine."

Life is a coin. You can spend it any way you wish but you can only spend it once.

sandy
    I discovered these a few years ago during a black Friday ad in my email, free ship and 20 percent off. I love them. I have dropped them with the lid on, on tile and there was hardly a drop left behind. They don't sweat like some of the tumblers/plastic ware I have tried.

I gave them as gifts and now the receivers have gone to purchase even more on their own, including one of the handles you can purchase for the larger ones.

I'd recommend them, use a Bed and Bath coupon or wait for a sale on the website. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieLou View Post
    I have about a dozen of the glasses and about that many coffee cups. I love 'em. I put them in the dishwasher all the time with no problem. I've only had one or two that had a problem and the company always replaces them without a hassle. They are free replacements.
    I love them too. I know they can be pricey but I have had to toss other brands/non brands because they fractured or just started looking bad.

Thanks Q-Nan. I figure that if I don't throw them in the diswasher, they should be fine. dishwashers can also pit plastic. I would not use them with citrus but good to know! I plan on using them for water, iced tea, maybe soda. Just want an insulated cup that does not sweat. Keep drinks cold...longer.

sandy
    I don't put mine in the dishwasher either, because with just the two of us, I'd have to wait a while to get it full before I turn it on. I have used mine with Fresca which is grapefruit based, never noticed an issue. Just my experience. I will say the one I use for coffee really stained a lot. I went back to using a mug, but I did like using the Tervis with coffee. I felt like I could walk around the house with my coffee and not worrying about it dripping or spilling.

Yes, I got one from my DIL's parents for Christmas, and I love, love, love it!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Love them, won't use anything else. Hate to have a glass that when you pick it up it is all wet from condensation and leaves a ring. Not Tervis. They replace them no question, worth every penny. I fought it at first when I found out the cost, but after I had them I never went back.

Have had mine for about 4 years and nothing has gone wrong with them---I wash them in the dishwasher top or bottom rack which ever has room and no problem---love that they do not sweat in Kansas humidity and keep drinks cold for hours any time of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinka View Post
    Yes, I got one from my DIL's parents for Christmas, and I love, love, love it!
    Aren't they great for gifts? I mean pricey a little if you are buying for yourself, but for under $20 (24 oz plus lid), it is a gift that is really appreciated. I have no hesitation giving these, as everyone I have gifted, turns around and purchases more for their family.

Add me to the list of those that love Tervis tumblers. I've had some 10+ years, I never put them in the dishwasher and mine aren't etched/scratched.

If you live near a Bed Bath and Beyond, I've purchased several on their clearance tables. I look every time I'm in the store and have found some really fun designs at upwards of 70% off then using a 20% off coupon they are practically giving them away.
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast