And then it's winter

Old 06-19-2013, 11:42 AM

Thanks Ditter for deviating from your usual posting. This one was so true. I'm happy with the llfe I've led, am living and hope to continue to enjoy. My mother had a good life until dementia zapped her at 89. I used to say'I want to live forever.' Now I've revised that to ' I want to live until just before I get dementia.'
Old 06-19-2013, 02:11 PM

Spoken so eloquently (if I spelled that right)
Old 06-19-2013, 09:02 PM

I am 57, I see my fingers are starting to bend and get funny bumps. I can wave bye twice, with my hand and my baggy arm. I have funny aches that travel in my body, my hip, my knee, to my feet, you know..
My Dr. thinks I am a medical miracle as I have kept my weight down, I require no medications(yet) and my BP is perfect. And I smoke and eat my fair share of sweets.
Days do move so fast and the months and years are speeding. My DH is 67 and we both have noticed so many people around us are dying, every 3 weeks. It is starting to be unnerving... Good news is I think my husband is truly more handsome at 67 than 27, his gray/white hair actually is a good fit.
My sister is 71 and looks gorgeous. She turned 30 when I was 15, OMG! I thought she was so old!
Yes I want my energy back, i walk a little slower, and waddle a little more, my strength is not what it was, I can't even throw a decent ball. I did not realize I had a funky curve going on in my shoulders until 4-5 yrs ago, I wonder what it looks like now???
Ditter, your post is just so "spot on" last thing said: If I get to see the winter of my life, I hope I can have the class and fortitude to do it as graciously as humanly possible. JB
Old 06-26-2013, 08:11 PM

Here's one - I visited my mother a few years ago in an independent living community and while I was doing her wash in the laundry room some ladies asked if I was a new resident and what apt was I in. I laughed until I realized I met the minimum age for residency! Yikes.