Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
there is something seriously wrong with me. >

there is something seriously wrong with me.

there is something seriously wrong with me.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:16 AM

Maybe if we can find a way to go without sleep, we can have more hours in our day.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I'd say you and I are sailing on the same boat!
There are lots of sailors on this boat. Recently I made a list of projects and prioritized. I have several that have a time limit of sorts so they're at the top of the list. Trying not to start anymore new ones until I get one or two finished. We'll see how it goes. :)

Originally Posted by sweetpea
Maybe if we can find a way to go without sleep, we can have more hours in our day.
For me it's work that gets in the way. But without work I wouldn't be able to feed my addiction.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:24 AM

I always have several projects going at once. Most days I sit on here reading or staring at my fabrice because I don't know what to do next. I definitely have quilter's ADD or ADH...I don't know the difference but my initials are ADH and that is how I label my quilts, the adh quilter.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:27 AM
Power Poster

Ahoi, matey! I recently started to focus working on one thing at a time. OK - it turned out to be two but only because I didn't have the right color thread, so I made some blocks while waiting for the store to open.

IT FELT SO GOOD when I FINISHED the small wallhanging yesterday. I mean FINISHED. Binding on, label on. Now I am on to the next UFO. Gonna kill me some Sunbonnet Sues today. lol

Just pick one of your UFOs. If you thought it was worthy to start, it is probably worthy to be finished. If not, pack it up and pass it on. Even that will make you feel better, and admitting that you fell out of love with a project is not a bad thing.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:27 AM

oh come on! were not pathetic ARE we?
i seem to spend a lot of time here myself, but have met some wonderful friends, and who couldnt use more friends?? Yes, i dont seem to get as much done as i used to, but who's counting? seems like we all have projects, in one form or another.
katz
Old 10-23-2011, 10:28 AM

I know this one too. So many ufos, plus projects I haven't started yet. I realised a while ago that I was feeling so overwhelmed that I wasn't doing anything and hid all but one project out of sight. Worked quite well, but then I needed the space where I'd stored the others, they came out again and now I'm back to feeling overwhelmed. But - as I wrote this, I just realised that I now have a bed with storage space underneath - hmm, may go and hide those ufos again, and see if just having one out will focus me again..
I also joined a ufo challenge this year and that's encouraged me to finish 3 or 4, but I'll be nowhere near 12 by December.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:35 AM

I was feeling that way when we got back from vacation and had a rough time getting motivated. This morning I'm happy to report I finished three traveling checkers games and started collecting fabrics for another table runner. My pattern (french braid) calls for three fat quarters and I have plenty of two fabrics, but the other one is scraps & I'm trying to figure out if I have enough to carry it out. My brain is tired at this point, so I'm taking a break.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:36 AM

I am part of the crew :)
Old 10-23-2011, 10:41 AM

We're all in the same boat!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:45 AM

Permission to come aboard?