Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
They have 12 sons !!!!!!!!!! >

They have 12 sons !!!!!!!!!!

They have 12 sons !!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2013, 03:08 PM

A neighbor and his wife of mine had six boys and then seventh child was a girl. The last boy and the girl were seven years apart. They stopped after the girl.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:27 PM

they say thirteen is bad luck. so why not try for twin girls. do not look like there going to stop anytime soon for that girl or girls..
Old 08-09-2013, 04:03 PM

My late MIL had two sons (I married the older one), and between us we have five sons, when she heard the news about the last two she could be heard crying down the phone, sadly a month before she passed away one of the fine five men had a daughter with his wife, I say sadly because by then she had dementia and didn't know! I could never quite forgive her for her attitude to such lovely boys!!
Old 08-10-2013, 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by pocoellie View Post
Better them than me!!!!! There are way to many people in this world though.
I agree. In this day and age and with the state of the world and the environment I think its very irresponsible.
MaryKatherine
Old 08-10-2013, 04:24 AM

I saw that spot on the news too. Good thing she is healthy! And, in my estimation, they are lucky to have all boys, less drama and think of the savings - no make-up, curling irons, personal products or frilly dresses. My husband always says with girls you have to worry about every _____ in the neighborhood, with boys you only have to worry about one! I'm sure you know what goes in the blank!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:37 AM

I am the oldest of 11 and my mom miscarried once. I have 2 brothers and the rest are sisters. We have quite a large bunch of grandchildren and greats and even a few great greats. My mom had 33 grandchildren, about 100 great grand children and there are about 20 great great grands when she died and 5 more have been born in thepast 1 1/2 yr since she died. What is wrong with a large family? If you don't like kids don't have any. If you can't provide for them don't have any. We have so many people in this world who should never ever have children, but do. We also have a lot of people with lots of love to give who can not have children. And with all the diseases that are out there God makes sure we reproduce.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:56 AM

Wo w 12 kids can get expensive. As long as they are able to care for them and love them it is great. they are providing for them on their own, not on public assistance so more power to them. My aunt had 7 boys and the last 3 were girls. I used to babysit for them years ago. Depending on what time of day I was babysitting they often hired 2 babysitters. Great bunch of kids. MY best friend in high school had 15 in her family. Years ago people had a lot of kids. Not anymore most of the time, things have just gotten too expensive.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

My cousin's wife is from a family of 12 kids. Every one pitched in. They kept their cost of living down and they still do to this day the old fashioned way. They do have all the latest appliances to save energy. They have a large family garden and all the girls sew and do other crafts. They have freezers filled with meat from their animals. They hunt for venison, rabbit, quail, and they go fishing a lot. They go to SAM'S CLUB and shop in bulk. They harvest and can their own vegetables. They know no other way to save money. Most of the homes they live in have wood fireplaces and their own wells. They still have the other amenities but are so used to the way they grew up, it just works for them. They have so many quilts in their houses you just really can't imagine. Their family size ranges from 5-8 kids and last I saw and heard there were 5-6 more on the way. Many of them work and are Grandparents. One was off work for 2 years due to a work injury but they still got by because family helped.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:20 AM

About 25 years ago there was a Jewish man running through the streets of Miami Beach declaring that "today I have a child." It is a miracle. What he failed to include was they already had some 20+ daughters. This was the first male.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief View Post
I saw that spot on the news too. Good thing she is healthy! And, in my estimation, they are lucky to have all boys, less drama and think of the savings - no make-up, curling irons, personal products or frilly dresses. My husband always says with girls you have to worry about every _____ in the neighborhood, with boys you only have to worry about one! I'm sure you know what goes in the blank!
Omg, that is too funny. But true.